ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting bigger wheels on?

07 RENAULT CLIO SPORT DCI
hi there, i'm not sure if people have asked this before but is there a general guide to what the maximum size of wheels you can put on? i have 15" alloys on my clio and was wondering if i could fit 17" with out any problems?

i ask this question because with my old car (Hyundai Accent) you could go 2 sizes bigger before they started to effect the speedo and rub against the arches.

I'm considering putting on some 172 alloys on.

172 alloys are 16"

i have 17s on mine bt i had to get 45 profile tyres, they still rub a tiny bit but 10mm spacers will sort that

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
alot of cars you can generally go up 2 inches with no problems, just lower profile tyres. I'd say 17's would go on yours but i'd go for lowered on 16's for improved handling

Black Gold 182FF
hi there, i'm not sure if people have asked this before but is there a general guide to what the maximum size of wheels you can put on? i have 15" alloys on my clio and was wondering if i could fit 17" with out any problems?

i ask this question because with my old car (Hyundai Accent) you could go 2 sizes bigger before they started to effect the speedo and rub against the arches.

I'm considering putting on some 172 alloys on.

17's with 205/45/17 rubber will fit fine mate. Mines slammed on 40mm apex with 17's and no scraping. If you are after 182 16's, I will have a set of 4 available at the end of the month. Where in the Wirral are you from?

rps13
17's are good if you like following lorry tracks in the wet and crashing and dying,

or if you dont like grip.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
On my clio mk1, i went from 13" steels to 205 profile 17"s.

Never again, looking for 15"er's now. On which ever small hatch back, i wouldnt go bigger than 16"

Ozzed Clio
172 alloys are 16"

i have 17s on mine bt i had to get 45 profile tyres, they still rub a tiny bit but 10mm spacers will sort that

is your car mk2 ph2 or mk3? if its mk2 then u should be running 205/40/17 thats why they r rubbing 45s should only be on 16s :rasp:

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i've run 17's a few times, recently with a 60mm drop, if you ditch the archliners it won't rub too much lol! looks ace but handles like a cow in comparison, i'm looking for the perfect 16's now.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
60mm drop with 205/40/17s no rubbing handels same as when i had 15s on.
17s is your max id say without fitting coil overs and bodywork mods.

07 RENAULT CLIO SPORT DCI
not worried about handling or acceleration as only drive at 50mph on motorway, i think the bigger the alloy the better it looks.

do it mate.. i had 17's on my 1.2 and it was 70mm front 75 rear (coilovers)
it didnt bother me, as i knew it wasnt a sport, i only went for styling mods on it.

sta70432kb0.jpg

sta70579vi2.jpg

but now i own a sport its 15's FTW. ;)

img0268ue4.jpg

img0271zi8.jpg

jay:clown: