ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

putting my system into my new clio

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

hello, dont know if any of you have seen my other posts but hopefully i should be picking up an inferno 182 at the start of september, and was hoping to put my stereo and bits into it.

last time it was all installed free of charge by the people i bought it from, but i dont think i will be able to do that this time so just wanted some tips

1)Blaupunkt woodstock DAB52 digital radio ---how can i refit the dab aerial, also where do i get the refitting kit from? blaupunkt?
2)Vibe CBR12 ACTIVE ---where do i thread the power cable through the bulkhead? is putting the cables under the seats and trim relatively easy?

thanks a lot guys, i look forward to your responses

theres a gromet in the passanger side foot well on my clio 2004 dynamique and i had the wires running under the trim on that side to the boot.

good choice on sub i love vibe, wish i still had my set up!

172 cup'd extreme

dont bother with the aerial that come with it panorama right? i got a smart blaupunknt glass mount antenna which doesnt have an external mast looks much better £40 from bluespot

VRS

really easy to fit the sub matey, i put the same vibe sub as you in last monday, took bout an hour ish to fit and wire up! the bonnet release cable grommet is under the glove box, just poke a hole through wiv a screwdriver/wire coat hanger /strip of wire (be careful not to pierce any other wires). open your bonnet and remove the coolant reservoir (just two bolts, really easy). then put your hand down the back of the sound proofing and to the right and you will be able to feel the grommet and the peice of wire. attatch the power cable to this wiv sum elecky tape then gently pull the wire from the glovebox end and pull the power cable through! attatch all your headunit up, attatch your power cable to the battery and run the wires under the trim to the sub! jobs a good un

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 19 August 2005

dont bother with the aerial that come with it panorama right? i got a smart blaupunknt glass mount antenna which doesnt have an external mast looks much better £40 from bluespot
i dont quite understand what you mean by this but my aerial is an external glass mount aerial, and i need a refitting kit i think for it

172 cup'd extreme

yeah it does away with the external part to the aerial and just sits on the inside of the glass