ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Q for the network gurus

Elise/VX220/R26
I work in electronic security and we have more and more stuff going onto networks these days. Unfortunately when you come from a world of proper wire terminals and nuts/bolts we find IP stuff to be a bit flaky at times.

Current problem I have is a bit of kit that we have connected via an ethernet adapter and I think that the site has a network issue and it keeps loosing the connection to the network but I cant prove it.

Is there a program you can put on a PC to constantly monitor its connection to a LAN connection so you can look back on a log and we can match up any network droputs to our log on the security kit?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Ping "ip address" with -t on the end will work better. It will run a constant ping until you stop it then just scroll up the screen and see how much it dropped out.
Its not so good if your time (in ms) goes to much into triple figures all the time either.