ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quandry

right i have a problem i want a computer for htpc duty i realy fancy a mac mini yay great woohoo :D but !! they cost a fair bit 529 for the duo 2 gig ram £160 larger hard disk 500gig £219 keyboard and mouse another £70 ish maybe
so total is best part of a grand but it does look great and its small and very quiet but damn it costs alot and isnt that fast due to the shite inbuilt graphics !!!

other option is a pc but what spec and what case as well as other components humpf you see im stumped for 1k you could build a fantastic pc that would piss on the mac but you couldnt use mac os on it :(

help meeeeee

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
whats a htpc bud? hdcp? i'm confused

As for what you're saying - if you didn't like using Windows Media Centre - use Linux instead?

home theater pc

cant use linux as it will be in the living room and the gf will be using it so needs to be windows. i quite like windows mce but its not quite mac os :)

but i could actually play games on windows unlike mac os

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yes but I think it depends what you want. I'd get a cheap PS2 and build a HTPC in that case running MCE personally.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Or if you already have a half decent PC you could buy an XBox 360 and use it as a Media Center Extender.