ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question about 40mm lowering

H22A7 Accord Type R

As a lot of u will know, i have now lowered my car on 40mm apex springs on standard shocks. Having done it with a mate, i know all what was involved. I need some advice from the likes of CLIOJOHN, FRED and the others, TOM etc.........if u open the bonnet and look at the strut tops.......is there a gap between the rubber and the metal of the car the suspension comes up trough????? i am pretty sure there is a gap as standard......but im not sure if the gap is greater than it was before!?!? any ideas? Could this be due to using a shorter spring on the existing shocker??? Basically, if any of you LOW boys out there with 98+ clios can help me out.......cool..........So, what gap have u got from the rubber to the metal???? Im talkin about this bit........

H22A7 Accord Type R

.....cheers, its also making a slight click when i rock the car about on one side.......maybe its due to the springs settling down????? just wanna know if the gap should be there.......wont it cause the suspension to drop a bit if u go flying over a hill???? lol

H22A7 Accord Type R

tom...if u put one hand on the top locking rubber part...and lift the car up (bump it up n down.....) do u hear or feel a click????

H22A7 Accord Type R

let me know people otherwise ill be taking the shockers out at the weekend just for peace of mind lol!!!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

out of the top cup????? cant see that. might take it off and check tightness of the locking nut. Fred,. how much of a gap u got???? cheers mate

Would anyone here use Halfords to lower their motor? In Sheffield they have the bays to do work etc, dont know how good they are, or how much it would cost to have it lowered 4cm. Have no idea what the best springs are and how warrenty will be.

Cheers for any info!!

Andy

got mine done 40mm on spax and they are fine. Only thing is there is a slight clonk when changing direction quickly from the back but this happens on 4 other clios lowered so I aint bothered