ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about a late 2011 MacBook Pro

S3, Polo
Is 16 even possible?

Yes. http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/lis...Quad-Core i7 (15-inch DDR3) Late-2011&Cat=RAM

Why do you want 16gb?

Mine is running 8gb and it's more than enough.

8 may be enough for you, but everyone's needs are different - wouldn't you agree?

I use 16 for creating motion graphics and video editing and I consider it a worthwhile upgrade for my needs. I know some developers who have similar memory requirements too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yes. http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/lis...Quad-Core i7 (15-inch DDR3) Late-2011&Cat=RAM

8 may be enough for you, but everyone's needs are different - wouldn't you agree?

I use 16 for creating motion graphics and video editing and I consider it a worthwhile upgrade for my needs. I know some developers who have similar memory requirements too.

Yes, i agree, thats why i didn't say 'you don't need 16gb, you idiot'. I asked what he needed it for, perfectly valid question tbh, if he's running with 4gb now, how does he know he's needs 16gb etc.

bully for you and your 'video editing', i find HD video editing fine on my poverty spec 8gb 17" whilst also running a couple of vm's, hence why i asked. He managed to answer the question perfectly fine.

Capiche?

S3, Polo
bully for you and your 'video editing', i find HD video editing fine on my poverty spec 8gb 17" whilst also running a couple of vm's, hence why i asked. He managed to answer the question perfectly fine.

It's amusing to see that you interpret every response to your comments in a combative way and feel the need to defend your choices - re-read my post and see that I was being neither judgemental or derogatory. I'd appreciate less of the condescension about what I choose to use my laptop for thanks, it's not really necessary and makes you look like the school-kid you accuse others of being.

Anything intelligent, informative or otherwise germane to contribute to the conversation?

Didn't think so.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's amusing to see that you interpret every response to your comments in a combative way and feel the need to defend your choices - re-read my post and see that I was being neither judgemental or derogatory. I'd appreciate less of the condescension about what I choose to use my laptop for thanks, it's not really necessary and makes you look like the school-kid you accuse others of being.

Anything intelligent, informative or otherwise germane to contribute to the conversation?

Didn't think so.

Are you having a conversation with yourself?

Thought so.