ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about audio files onto CD

White clique
Hi,

I need to supply some copies of audio files to a CD replication company as he is cutting me some CDs for my new record label.

I have the 4 different CDs in wav format and was hoping to get these used to get the best sound quality, however he said they need to be in "redbook" format, or he can convert the wav copies for a small fee.

Question is - if i burn these from my laptop onto a blank CD, would it create an MP3 file on CD, or would it make it one of these "redbook" files. I'll be using IBM recordnow!

My understanding is a redbook is simply a name for the standard music format on commercially bought CDs.

Sorry for the dumb question.

White clique
if you use record now to record an audio cd then you will get a redbook standard audio cd

splendid thanks mate, so i can use record now and even though the file is MP3 in my docs, its red book?

Sorry for the daft question, its just that i will royally f**k up if i send a master disc for 300 copies of something that no one can listen to unless they have MP3 compatability!

if the file is mp3 it wont be cd audio quality

but if you use record now and make it an audio cd it will convert it to cd audio if its wav it will do the same (wav is raw uncompressed audio unlike mp3 etc)