ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about Decatting and postcat lambda?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
50/50 chance of it coming on i think some people get it some don't. My cup loves the decat ELM not once came on for emmissions. Best bet is to buy a bung for the rear slot and unclip the lambda from back and wrap up the loose clip undeneath the car.

Clio 182 cup ff
Mine comes on, usually reports cat below efficiency threshold. I have a scanner to turn it out. Takes a while to come back again though.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
If it were me, id get the decat fitted and see what happens with the light, high chance it wont come on anyway and if it does they turn themselfs off after 5 full cycles(long drives) of the car and will take a while after to come back, then will just do same again. I thing your best bet is to just fit it with the front lambda in, then bung the second hole, unclip 2nd lmabda then tiie up the clip so its waterproof and away you go. Thats what i did and its been spot on since.

RS RIP
it's just a light, f**k it. Does'nt do anything destructive/bad to your engine (management) ;this second lambdasensor-reading. Just tells you your emissions are not right. I can live with that

Megane RS 250
I think that as you go with the light on the car get worse as the ECU try to compensate the wront gas values...I'm not sure if the Clio ecu is "smart" enought, many cars do this.

GB 182 FF
it's just a light, f**k it. Does'nt do anything destructive/bad to your engine (management) ;this second lambdasensor-reading. Just tells you your emissions are not right. I can live with that

So you dont want to know when a REAL fault comes up then? ahh well nevermind..

Megane RS 250
I agree! I fitted my old decat with an emulator and I was able to see an error from the throttle body (it just needed a clean up).