ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

question about ph1 airbox

Clio 172 and Clio 1.4 RT
Hi,
few moths ago I bought a Clio 172 ph1. Now I started to read few threats about mk2 ph1 and it was said, that clio 172 ph1 original airbox had 2 small cold air intake holes. My 172 airbox looks like original, but has only 1 big (10cm diameter) hole. Can somebody explain me, what airbox is it? First I thought it was phase2 airbox, but my friend bought one and it isn`t the same.
Thanks,
Siim from Estonia.
0666207897da31.jpg

Lots of Alfas
Its looks like the V6 airbox used in the espace etc. People commonly upgrade to this one as has one big air feed.

320d
It is an Espace V6 airbox mate. Possibly Renault used them on the 172's where you are. Wouldn't be unheard of.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Massive difference mate the ph 1/ espace v6 airbox is round and considered by allmost all in the know to be the best, its commonly used as an upgrade on the ph2 models as a way of bodging a home made maxogen. As the ph2 airbox is square is not round

RS RIP
You're lucky , a lot of people want this filterhousing for better performance ;)

When you want a better filter for it ; a ITG (part no. BH-203) is the one you'll need to put in there

Clio 172 and Clio 1.4 RT
Thank you all. I read the thread about the espace v6 airbox and it seems the same thing. I now just need the cold air feed for the summer and it would be great. I`m also going to order the ITG filter - i hope that merlin motorsport will ship it to my country.

so which is the best airbox going back to standard???
172 ph1 airbox
v6 ph1 irbox???

if i got the v6 airbox
would i need the change how the cold air feed is connect under the headlight??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its an espace airbox, not a clio one, but its the espace that is regarded as being the best, and according to tuner testing, having a CAF inplace with the v6 box makes as near as no difference, so take it out.

It natrually feeds from the gap next to the battery, so doesn't really need a feed.

Clio 172 and Clio 1.4 RT
It should be a airbox for 1991 - 97 Renault Espace 2.9 V6 RT/ RXE models.
The renault dealer partcode for this one is 7700 260 096.
Search for Espace V6 and you`ll find the thread about this airbox.