ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about speed camera’s...

Hey guys,

I came over the brow of a hill (in my 206 estate rental car!!) in Stevenage yesterday to see two cops at the bottom in yellow jackets holding a camera on a tripod connected to a battery unit. They were filming the cars coming down the hill.

How do these cameras work? Do they pull you over staright away if you are speeding or is it like the Gatso speed camera thing of notification by post etc? I didnt see any other cop cars about?

I was only doing a max of 35ish when I came over the hil and slowed to about 32 when I saw them. I seem to be running into a lot of Cameras recently!!!

(P.S. Is it true that you can sign these forms to ssay that you were not driving as you are not legally obliged to incriminate yourself or someonme else?)

ive seen one in wakefield,i never heard anything,sometimes its training stuff i.e teaching new coppers how to use speed guns etc,or they may have been filming to see if its worth them sticking a speed camera there in the future!

you can sign form saying that it wasnt you driving but the registered owner gets the points,,if not your car hmmmm?!!

Sometimes they can pull you up there and then, other times (like the lad I used to work on a van with) they post it. He was in a rental van too, still found its way to him!

But to be honest if you were doing 35 on your speedo, in reality you will of been doing 31/32ish, which if you then add in the 10% +2, which takes it to 35 I think your safe! :)

Tim

i think you may be ok as you werent going that much over the limit. However if you are caught dont say it wasnt you driving as your more likely to recieve an even more heavier fine for giving wrong information.

Should be ok i reckon though

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

You are required by law to fill in the details of who was driving .. but you are not required by law to sign the form, and an unsigned form is not admissable in a court.