ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for yah Londoners...

Ok... theres a good chance Ill be moving from aus to UK for 6months for work. So, my question. whats a reasonable area to rent a place near london ( i gather prety expensive right in).. i guess 30mins travel time in hrmm. guess thats all i need to know atm

Id say greenwich is the nicest place. Cool atmosphere, good nightlife, nice park etc etc. There are no cheap places really, some bits of charlton are okish and is close to the centre but it can be a bit dodgy!

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Noth london is cheap

lots of people choose enfield/barnet area

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

To be honest i dont really know

£150-£200 per week? maybe less

£150 per week does sound pretty cheap if youre not sharing but then I can only go on West London prices which I gather is more expensive than North.
Also, South of the river tends to cause a price drop (still a thing about north of river better than south for some reason)
If you share then you can get things cheaper.

Prices usually are higher nearer train/tube stations.

lol dont take the piss. Theres plenty here, its very expensive though and theres some pretty rough areas, thats why i recommend getting as close to the centre as you can. Greenwich is good cos its close to everything, but you pay the price.

Houses in Eddmonton (near Enfield) are apparently free!!!

Theres a reason for that though...

And you probably wont get any kind of insurance

Slough is cheap! If u dont mind the odd factory!:devilish: Also if you like chocolate, the mars HQ is there and it stinks of Chocolate all the time! mmmm.........

mmm chocolate hehehe.. well. if it was the toblerone HQ.. well.. then theyd be no question of where id go :)

anyways. thanks for your input

I lived in slough for a while, the centre caps on my valver didnt even last one night! and it was in a cul-de-sac in one of the nicer parts. They were about £30 a pop at the time, well pi55ed off.

plus its an hour at least on the train.

That choccy factory is not a nice smell

Does the chalvey treacle works still reak?

Seriously though if price is a real concern, Palmers green, wood green arent too bad, 20 mins to piccadilly. And its not true what they say about the Greek and Turkish people around there I found they were nice, sell you booze anytime of night and if you can get smoke delivered

Not sure why I moved back to bucks actually,

I stayed in Croydon for a couple of years. Accommodation quite reasonable, you can get to London Bridge in about 15 minutes on the right train (or about 25 on the wrong one). Victoria is about 20 mins too.