ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for you ICE experts!!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

OK, a mate of mine wants to get a sub and amp for his Mondeo. Its the 5 door version rather than a saloon, hes currently got some 6x9s at the back and some uprated speakers in the doors. Only problem is hes only got £300 to play with. This has to include a box and wiring kit as well as the sub and amp. He mostly listens to some nice comforting death metal so its got to keep up with the speed of that, he also listens to a bit of hip hop bit less so than the metal! So I reckon a 10" would be better suited, but would this get a bit lost a massive boot??

Can any of you suggest some products that will fit within this budget??

cheers

Rick

Hi there, we may have just what your friend is looking for. It is a special £299 deal on our website which will be on there for the next 2 weeks or so. If you would like some extra details please follow the below link.

http://www.evilice.co.uk/product.asp?intProdID=105310http://www.evilice.co.uk/product.asp?intProdID=105310

The kit includes:

1x Rockford Fosgate 250M mono Amplifier - 350Watts RMS

1x Audiobahn AWC12Q 10" Subwoofer - 350 Watts RMS, Dual 4ohm Voicecoils, 92.5db Efficiency

Single Carpeted 10" Subwoofer Enclosure (Choose Sealed or Ported)

Autoleads High Quality 4 Gauge Wiring Kit with Sub Cable

For 12" Package add £20

If it is the saloon version then i would suggest he goes for the 12" upgrade as the Audiobahn subs produce loads of fast paced punch at that size. The 10" may not be up to scratch.

Hope that helps

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

www.evilice.co.uk

Hi, thanks for the info. I think hes decided to go down a slightly different route however and has been quoted £350 for a 800W Legacy amp and two 10in subs plus a box and wiring so last I heard, hes going for that.

Another question for you however, what sort of price can you do the Pioneer 8400MP for delivered?

cheers

Rick

Surely you are joking about the Legacy amp and subs combination. The system above (which im 100% sure everyone here will agree) will be louder and have much better SQ then the one he is thinking of going for.

I would have to get a price for you on the 8400MP as i dont have it listed due to the new Pioneer price list with me at the moment. I will post our price for you on the forum tomorrow.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

I agree with you entirely on the whole sub+amp thing but thats whats he decided to go for! Time will tell if its any good I suppose, I guess some people are easily swayed by big numbers rather than SQ, he will learn!!