ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

questions about hard use

Clio Cup
Is it wise to do trackdays in the current heat, can the car take it in its stride? The outside temp gauge was reading 33 degrees, the brakes seem to be getting well hot even when I'm not hammering it.

Just wondered if the car's clutch/tyres/brakes/fluids/engine etc would be destroyed by the intense heat under hard use on track.

I noticed that none of the trackday companies are doing the £99 open pit lane days, they all seem to be around £200 - is this because noone goes when its too hot and so they need to raise the prices to break even?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They always tend to be around the £150-200 mark. If you know of somewhere that does regular OPL days for £99...share it with us.

As far as heat goes, bear in mind that things like brakes can get up to 200 degrees C if not more (can anyone say more accurately?), so I'd not think the fact that it's 10 degrees warmer than normal before you go out first time will affect it under hard use.

Will affect it's ability to cool down after though. Would it affect our Clios? Doubt it.

The most flaky thing in the heat on a trackday is the driver.

Outside temperature wouldn't bother me so long as your cars well maintained maybe chnage the pads but then again if your drivce hard stock pads can go weak anway.

I took my Williams to the ring when it was roasting hot only thing I had to do was to have th heater on a bit as the stock system wasn't enough to cool the car (well I liked running it cool) but then again i used to do the same in England in the cold weather it had nothing to do with heat.