ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions on Clio 16v.....

A few questions before i purchase my valver: -

How good is the standard alarm?

Why do some 16vs have leather and some not - was it an option?

When did the five spokes replace the phase1 wheels (because i would rather get one with the older type)

If i buy a later model with an air bag can i get it removed or do i have to live with a bulky steering wheel?

cheers

leather was an option, as was ABS, driversside airbag and.......cant remember.

The phases changed between K and L reg, but you can always get phase 1 wheels put on, the phase two has nicer rear lights+strip, rounder door strips, nicer grill IMO

clio 20v

the standard alarm is ok the immobiliser is too cat 2 standard

leather was a 770 quid option as i found out today, 96 cars had airbags and yes u can change it

like clean 16v said ph2 was after 94 with the ph2 wheels differant mirrors, rear lights and rubbing strips

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Phase 1 looks meaner IMO mainly due to the mirrors. Although I prefer the rear lights from the phase 2. If you get a phase 2 i have some nice phase 1 wheels if you fancy a swap.

Dont be put off by the turbine wheels of the Phase 1 if the lacquer has started to lift off. I had mine refurbished without reaplying lacquer for a polished metal finish, takes a bit of upkeep but definately worth the hassle for end results. Phase 2 rims have a habit of having their metal centre plates nicked I think phase 2 owners will admit. Around £20 from Renault for replacement, and theyre plastic now.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Yes I had 2 nicked on my last Clio. mailto:B@rstools">B@rstools. Im sure the same set went around every clio/19 16v in the area!

ill probably sell my phase 1 wheels in the near future, theyre gold, but if youre going to refurb them it doesnt matter, theyre in good nick, and i think i might sell all five. ps - I prefer the phase 2 rear lights and grill.

Good stuff sounds like therell be some phase 1 rims available

im looking to get a phase 2 becuase there are more around for the kind of money im gonna spend £3-4k:)

im gonna go and look at some pics now to try and spot the difference...

Trophy

Phil,

Ive got a phase 1 for sale but it is mainly phase 2 now and ill stick some phase 1 turbines on if you want.

Mat.