ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick 172 body questions please help ;-)

hi guys i am having my front fogs surrounds mirror base plates and rear pumper painted on my 172 how do you get these parts of without too much trouble like removing bumper or something cheers

1) mirror base plates
2) front fog light surrounds
3)rear 172 bumper insert

cheers guys many thanks

BMW F31
get a haynes dude. iirc the mirror base plates all come apart from the body with the mirror when you take it off and then i guess with a bit of investigation you could seperate them from the mirrors, or mask and spray. the fog lights surrounds just detach from the bumper and fog light iirc. the rear bumper has fixings under neath the lip and on top by the boot seal, anything else holding it on is plastic kinda clip, basically a plastic mount bolted to the car and the bumper has an extrusion which fits into it, iirc you can see it if you take the lights out and look down. hope this helps :)

BMW F31
get a haynes dude. iirc the mirror base plates all come apart from the body with the mirror when you take it off and then i guess with a bit of investigation you could seperate them from the mirrors, or mask and spray. the fog lights surrounds just detach from the bumper and fog light iirc. the rear bumper has fixings under neath the lip and on top by the boot seal, anything else holding it on is plastic kinda clip, basically a plastic mount bolted to the car and the bumper has an extrusion which fits into it, iirc you can see it if you take the lights out and look down. hope this helps :)

BMW F31
errm sorry bout the double post, i only pressed it once, honest. mods delete please :)

oh and just seen its the insert on the bumper, im sure someone was asking this the other day, do a search mate ;)

Megane225FF
2) front fog light surrounds
bumper off job, I couldn't get at them from underneath the car. A lot easier with bumper off the car.. IIRC there's no screws holding them in, just clips

cheers guys thanks for that i was hopeing you could to everything without removing the fogs or could you mask around the bumper and paint the fog lights direct whilst on the car same for the rear bumper insert?

cheers

what you think everyone? can they be painted ok the fogs and rear bumper without removing them or would the finish be crap?????????