ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick bumper spray questions

None
I wanna fill up some holes/gaps in my bumpers to make it look smoother but..

1. Does normal bodywork filler do the trick??
2. Do I use normal or plastic primer??
3. Do I use clearcoat??

Punto/Clio GTT
1: yup normal filler is fine, however, if you use P80/P120 you'll find it furrs up at the edge of the filler. make sure after your filler works done, you wetflat it all before you primer or it will be rougher than a dogs bollock

2. normal primer, depending on how big the repairs am, cellulose or aerosol is fine aslong as you finish in P180 or P320. if you have 2k then use it

3. is your car metallic? if it is itll need clearcoat, if its high solid you can just spray on the colour which is like a colour/laquer mix that hardens with a shine.

None
Cool thanks for the tips :) Yea its a metallic green colour so I better get some clearcoat for it. Im getting the spray method is..

1. Primer
2. Clearcoat
3. Spraypaint

Pls correct me if im wrong as dont wanna screw it up too much lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was under the impression the clear coat was last??? As you can still see the paint beneath, if i am wrong, i will be glad i haven't painted anything yet... Haha

Punto/Clio GTT
Cool thanks for the tips :) Yea its a metallic green colour so I better get some clearcoat for it. Im getting the spray method is..

1. Primer
2. Clearcoat
3. Spraypaint

Pls correct me if im wrong as dont wanna screw it up too much lol

primer
spraypaint (colour green)
clearcoat (laquer)