ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick engine mount question

flame red 172
Hi guys and girls!!

Just a quick one..when my 172 wheels spins I get a nasty knocking sounds like an engine mount? Are there any common problems with these or? And it's when I'm having a fast drive in the wet n coming out of roundabouts not just wheel spinning off the light like a chav :) (just for the records) lol

thanks

N reg clio mk1 1.8 1
mine is doing it and its had a powerflex dogbone mount and the dampers look rough so i would say its a knackered damper

Cup In bits
Your Manifold/exhaust touching subframe most likely. Tired or worn engine mounts or dog bone. If there okay slacken all engine mount bolts and move engine to best clear subframe and tighten.

Could maybe be worn dampers as your car try's to tramp under hard acceleration.

330i. E30 Touring.
Loosen upper engine mount. Have someone pull engine forward as far as possible. Tighten upper engine mount.

flame red 172
Thanks guys il have a adjust and check of the upper and dog bone mount and let you know how I get on :)