ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick exhaust choice help

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Hi all

I have spoken about this with a few people on the forum already but I'm still not sure of what to do. My car is going into Gary Burnett's on the 27th of March and it needs quite a lot doing. I have decided to get a new exhaust as mine is on the original and it is blowing quite a bit. When I bought the car the dealer had said he would go with a Milltek replacement exhaust but when shopping around I don't know whether it is the best for me. I am looking for an OEM/OEM+ sound, nothing particularly loud but maybe a bit more volume than standard.

At the moment I am down to two choices, Scorpion RS192 or Janspeed Supersports. I have heard that the Scorpion exhaust can be difficult to fit and isn't as well made as other exhausts, any truth in this? From what I've seen it sounds almost OEM so that's a tick. I am worried that the Janspeed Supersports might be a bit too loud, but from the k-tec racing website postage is £30 so if I were to go for the Sports version that is an extra £40 on the RS192 which I don't know whether I can justify for what seems like a similar sounding exhaust.

Also, when buying an aftermarket exhaust do they come with mounts/clamps etc? Or do you buy new ones/try and fit with the ones from the existing exhaust. Any help appreciated, I really have to order tomorrow in hope of getting the exhaust before the car goes in.

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
After some more reading I am leaning to towards the Janspeed Supersports. Main reasons are that it is the cheapest, I presume lighter than the RS192 and recommended by quite a few people reading previous threads (keeping the original cat). I've looked at hangers too and I'm guessing I'll have to get new rear ones. Any reason not to get genuine Renault ones?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
2.25 Ktec, unsilenced with or without decat. Mines the latter. Awesome.

2.5 which the scorpion, miltek and others are, can be boomy if you go with more noise. Decat/change the centre etc. As standard they are quite refined.

Go with the Ktec. There’s one on here iirc?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
My Milltek can get quite boomy on the motorway, that’s with the cat and resonated centre section.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If I had my time again.

What I have now or try the pms, because pms.

Mine doesn’t boom atall, and only really raspy/noisy when I put my foot down

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
2.25 Ktec, unsilenced with or without decat. Mines the latter. Awesome.

2.5 which the scorpion, miltek and others are, can be boomy if you go with more noise. Decat/change the centre etc. As standard they are quite refined.

Go with the Ktec. There’s one on here iirc?

Looking on the website the only two Ktec 2.25 systems are the Super Quiet Stealth system and the Janspeed system. Only the Janspeed comes unsilenced. Are you saying get the Janspeed? Any idea on hangers, I see you can get standard ones from the Ktec website too unless it's cheaper to order them from the Renault site sponsors (Wolverhampton?)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Have a chat with the seller above, see if he will move on price etc.

Ah it’s an ultra, 2.5.

Me personally would go with 2.25

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Have a chat with the seller above, see if he will move on price etc.

Ah it’s an ultra, 2.5.

Me personally would go with 2.25

Bizarre, I was just going to ask whether it was a 2.5 and quoted your message.. now stating it's a 2.5 :D. I'm happy to buy a new one tbh, £390 delivered isn't too bad

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I really like my Janspeed, better than my friends scorpion, but I guess that's all a matter of personal preference. (I have the silenced version.)

And it's on standard hangers, but the rubber breaks away quite quick (same happens for the scorpion). Some bolts and cable ties inside the hanger hold it in position perfectly.

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
I really like my Janspeed, better than my friends scorpion, but I guess that's all a matter of personal preference. (I have the silenced version.)

And it's on standard hangers, but the rubber breaks away quite quick (same happens for the scorpion). Some bolts and cable ties inside the hanger hold it in position perfectly.

Thanks for your input. My existing exhaust hangs low on the passenger side hence the interest in hangers. In fact it bugs me in just about every Clio picture I see, every time I see a perfectly fitted exhaust it fills me with joy. Sadly a rare feeling!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve had a couple of ktec exhaust and much prefer the pure motorsport exhaust. Nick even gives DB reading on his web site for each exhaust configuration.

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
This arrived today..

Thanks for all the input lads

864B6431-C123-4233-B4C7-3A3FBD882DDB.jpeg

56DFD48D-549A-4B76-B5CF-3463AF83442E.jpeg