ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick go of the PC and some megs #80

the badly faded spoiler was polished up by hand with ag super resin etc and wasnt in too bad condition.. but then its been out in the sun/rain and it started to fade again so gave it a quick go with my new PC and soem megs #80

ftopc1.jpg

ftopc2.jpg

will do the whole car with it when its decent weather..

yeah pretty easy

not sure how your supposed to actually use it properly though, dunno how long you should be polishing for or what..

makes your arms ache from the vibrations!

cheers rich

worked it on number two then gave it like a last little blast on number 6 then wiped off with a microfibre. any other tips?? all i tried was the megs number 80 on a polishing pad

should i do:

whole car with megs 80 then AG SR on a polishing pad
then on a finishing pad do the moose glaze
and then harlys wax it by hand?

will this be enough to keep that bloody UV away?

its a mitsi fto ben

106 GTi
Sounds the way, move the machine nice and slow with a reasonable amount of pressure on the pad with the speed cranked up so it can really do its job/

Looking for Good UV protection I would do, #80, AG SRP, AG EGP and Harleys.

Pure looks, #80, Vannilla Moose and then Harleys

will it be ok to use the megs 80 and srp on the same pad or should i not mix them at all?

the pads gets very red and covered in red 'juice'

just had to wash the pad and hang it out to dry..

dont really want to get my other polishing pad covered in red s**t really.

microfibre got really red too.

106 GTi
Yeah single stage is b**ch on pads. Shouldnt really use diferent products on the same pad though t.b.h

Do the #80 by machine and the rest by hand?

good idea.. can test the rest of the products/PC out on my parents car - red but metallic so has clear coat. (before i use it on mine, lol)

i hate applying EGP - and the weathers a bit s**t to do it this weekend so may have to leave the fto till a dry day.

106 GTi
Good plan!

Maybe #80 and SRP the FTO for now, then machine polish it with SRP and then EGP it another time?

will see what tomorrows weather has in store for me.

the clios still spunkingly shiyn despite doing about 100 mile in it so that doesnt need doing yet.

megs 80 all round
coat of AG SR
coat of AG EGP
then another coat on roof and spoiler that usually go bad.

havent waxed it yet, weather aint too good today.

it still has swirl marks on the roof oors bonnet etc

spoiler doesnt as i spent quite a bit of time on that..

then it means i have to go through the other steps again though??

so may have to wait for better weather

106 GTi
Yeah would mean that, meant more for the future if the 80 does not seem to be working move onto the SSR which will get the swirls out easier.

yeah

havent really got any noticeable swirls on the 182 suprisingly..

maybe a few on the bonnet thats it

megs 80 should take them out shouldnt it? does the megs 80 remove much clearcoat?

106 GTi
I always try the 80 first, problem is it removes and fills so without a wipe down with Alcohol/water mix of something akin you can never really tell if they are actually gone or just hidden.