ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Hello and after some advice please.

Track 172 Cup
Hi all straight to the point I guess I'm hopefully going to view a Clio Track car http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/Rena...kt=6&clkid=2194233524135273924&_qi=RTM1793693 and was wondering if a) Anyone knows the car? and b) What is there to look out for when buying (especially a track used car)

Now I know its not going to have been driven on the school run or back and fourth from the shops so don't expect a minter lol and I know if will have been driven fairly hard, so was hopeful of some advice or any guides to look at before I go and buy a dud that's gonna give up the ghost on my first track day lol. I'm hopefully going to be getting a trailer and already have a Renault Traffic Crew cab (Sport I might add hehehe) for towing it about. I have 3 options really its either this (Just within my Budget) or I have seen one on Piston Heads for a couple grand less but not with as many bits done to it OR buy a cheap road car (service, brakes, belts etc) hit the track and enjoy then slowly strip and add bits myself...

Any advice would be appreciated and Thanks in advance.

Stuart

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Hi Stuart and welcome to the forum.

Not aware of the car, nor can I offer much in the way of things to check on the car other than the normal bits you would expect to check on any car.

I would look for proof of the box and Diff rebuild and also proof of the belt change, just as it will give you peace of mind.

Otherwise it looks like a very well specced car.

What part of the country are you from?

Track 172 Cup
Hi J, I'm in the Northwest just in between Liverpool an Manchester (Widnes to be exact). Yeah hoping to see lots of receipts for the stuff they have mentioned as its supposed to be pretty recent work and if it was me I would keep them all anyway. And I've just been talking to another member on here Chi who also has some Track Clio's for sale so might even go see what he has to offer. Sold my bike last week (newborn baby and GF don't do me any favours lol) so I made a deal with her i'll sell the bike and buy a track car (plus her a new washer drier for the kitchen lol)

Stu

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
hi and welcome Stu.
if I were you I would either;
A. Do as you said above and go and see Chi. He knows his stuff.
B. Go and buy a half decent 172/182 and have fun doing it up. Gives you something to do and you will enjoy it a lot more on track.
C. Do B with a car from A (option c ftw)

Track 172 Cup
Thanks Lee yeah I'm just trying to add Chi on facebook (having little joy at the minute lol) so I can see the cars he has for sale. Was hoping for one with some stuff done as i'll save a some money that way but if they're half decent on track with just a few basic mods I'm sure I can struggle through while I add bits. I just know from experience once you start modding it never ends.
Stu

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
haha. Yeah I know what you mean. You would be surprised how these 172/182's go round a track with very little done to them.
depends how much bhp you want though :)
if your going 200+bhp then your talking £££.

Track 172 Cup
Going to see one Chi has on Sunday and hopefully part with some cash before the missus finds it stashed lol... Think the only thing I may need to add will be a cage and might splash on some perspex/polycarbonate window's. Oh and not forgetting the Club membership lol.

Stu