ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick nitrous question

Skoda Fabia vRS

i jus wanna know somethin

i know NOTHIN about nitrous yet so excuse the newbieness

can it be fitted to a car with single point injection, and what engine parts would need to be replaced with stronger? items......

Yes it can be fitted to a single point injection engine, it can be fitted to ANY engine.

As for upgrading internals it all depends how much power you want, if you go to www.noswizard.com/bboard and ask Trev. how much your car can take. The 16v can handle 50bhp, and a progressive controler doubles that, dont know about the 1.4 though.

i shall be putting N20 on my 1.4 rt when darrens motor eventuall goes in, so NA it should make 140bhp, with a new 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and side exit system. and 190bhp on N20......will be the UKs. or maybe even the worlds most powerful rt..

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i dont think id want anythin over 50bhp, id be too scared

if i had a 16v or somethin then maybe i wouldnt be

are the kits easily transferable ?

cos if so id happily have a 25bhp jet on this car and when i get somethin else upgrade to somethin bigger

Kits are relativly simple to transfer, just remove all the pipework, wiring, switches, solenoids and bottle, that just leaves the injector. Depending on how it was mounted in the throttle body you could be left with a small hole, but I dont think it would be too hard too hide.

its still the 1.4 energy, but has had major work done to it.
The kit is trasferable, but dont bother with 25bhp, its not very good, im on 35 and its still a bit bland.....but i have to uprate stuff befor i can go more, cause the engine is 20yrs old.
you can just tape up the hole, if it was made in the plastic intake pipes.

BenR,
if you think 25 is bland you have some kind of problem.
Either the system is running too rich (which is quite likely as thats the way we send them), or the ignition is not up to the job.
Call me to discuss carrying out a simple to test discover which it is.
Once sorted Im sure youll be happier with the results of even a lowly 25 bhp.
Regards
Trev The WIZARD of NOS

oh no, dont ge me wrong, its much faster than before, but i just dont get the kick that it used to as i have become acustomed to it. But, ill still call you to see if it is running rich. But we did try4 jets to find the best one, and had to r****d the ignition a tiny bit.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Guys what do you think the 1.4 engine could take.
Mines got full exhaust, decat, induction kit and fully rebuilt and slightly modified head,o,and an ecotek.(soon to be chiped).
would a 35bhp jet be pushing it?

nope.....you can do more, the renault bottom ends are quite strong....even in the Gtts, its the valve gear that lets go, not the con rods. head stuff dont matetr, a stron set of con rods is most important.

BMW 320d Sport

Trev, as you probably know Ive been running one of your kits since last year, what you say about it running rich is interesting...is it jetted to give more fuel rather than the spot on amount? Cos when I fire my 60 jets that Nitrous Solutions sorted out, my AF ratio goes really over rich, not that I mind protecting my engine but Im pretty sure if I could knock down the ratio to somewhere at the rich end of stoich Id be flying. As the fuel is taken directly from the fuel line then I assume I just need to go a size smaller on the fuel jet until I see the ratios I want, or at least until the ratio stays the same whether its floored with the gas firing, or without. That should be possible shouldnt it?