ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick opinions please! canon or nikon

L

lenny85

i'm looking at buying a dslr over next few months and seem have to have narrowed it down to either the nikon D3000 or the canon EOS 1000D. which would be better and why? cheers:D

Mk2 ph1 clio
Your best of going into jessops and having a go of both and see what feels best for you.

I would always say canon because i've owned all of their ranges 1000D, 300D, 20D and a 1D and can't fault them in any way.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i would spend the £400 you were going to use to by a 1000d and get a 30d, the build quality of the XXD range is far better than the entry level XXXD range

I have had nearly every entry level camera going lol (best say before Revels gets in there with a comment! ;))

Both are good entry level, but if possible try and up the budget to a d5000/500D :)

Nimbus 197
Get a Nikon if you're cool ;)

usually with similar level cameras, it will come down to personal preference. Like GCD says, try and test them to see how they perform/handle.

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
^^
Very helpful Gregs. hahaha.
Id say Nikon all day but everyone has their own tastes so have a test out mate.

i'm looking at buying a dslr over next few months and seem have to have narrowed it down to either the nikon D3000 or the canon EOS 1000D. which would be better and why? cheers:D

you might want to consider the sony A200 over those too. better alround camera IMHO

Mk2 ph1 clio
If your anywhere local to newcastle your welcome to try any of my canons out to see how they feel.

300D
20D
1D Mkii

But as said above anything in the XXD range has alot better build quality.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Try them both in your local Jessops / John Lewis / Currys then make your own decision, as only you have to use it !

Canon for me every time. Could not get on with the Nikon at all. Other people are quite the opposite :cool:

dk

911 GTS Cab
we are a canon house, 1000d, 350d and 50d.

means we can all share lenses (well, i lend them out, nobody else has any lol)

I prefer the canon lenses, nothing touches a 70-200 F4L in the price range.

L

lenny85

heh well shall hve to choose then cos in afghan at moment so jessops isn't too local to say the least!