ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Protection spray

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive been using zaino z6 of late and its great.Really gives my type R a deep shine.

I will probably purchase some z8 next as ive heard its even better...

I used Z6 on sat but it offeres no protection hence why I bought the Jett.

Z6 is brilliant, I have a Red Astra and it looks bloody good, I bet your TypeR is mint.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I waxed it first with maguires liquid gloss then went over it with the z6.you can really tell the difference...

Just been lookinmg at the Vics Gally seems abit time consuming having to put it on with your hand(Fingertips).

Any other you can recommend for me dude?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's not research dude! ;)

It's best applied by foam app mate. Spreads like butter and on Red it's just immense!

For that price on Red it's hard to beat mate.

Ahh right ok will get that then the sound of finger application put me off.

Haha the best form of research is to ask someone that knows ;)

Cheers for the help.

i did see the Limted Edition PB red natty's paste wax but didnt have very good reviews.

Looking on Polishedbliss now.

So many to choose from...

Seen the Raceglaze 55 this is slighty cheaper and looks very good.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/blackfire-midnight-sun-paste-wax-cat13.html

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Rg55 is pretty epic. Very durable though! Like 6 months easily!

Solid wax mate and at 55% carnuba by volume it's up there with the big hitters. Think glasur is 66%.

Natty's paste, no mate. Vics knocks spots of that. Chem guys 50/50 is pretty epic leave it for hours and wipe it off with ease.

I'll sell you my uber Celeste cheap cheap! ;)

depends on how much it has left and how cheap is cheap cheap ;)

I am really liking the BF products so far do you think the BF wax one would be anygood? have you used it or seen many reviews?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
depends on how much it has left and how cheap is cheap cheap ;)

I am really liking the BF products so far do you think the BF wax one would be anygood? have you used it or seen many reviews?

I wouldn't bother with midnight sun mate. It's not worth the cash. Afpp gives a stunning base for most waxes.

Oh and the CD is 95+% full. Price.. Hmmm probably £85. Bought for £120. Comes with a new applicator from Chem guys and a brand new CG MF. :)

I wouldn't bother with midnight sun mate. It's not worth the cash. Afpp gives a stunning base for most waxes.

Oh and the CD is 95+% full. Price.. Hmmm probably £85. Bought for £120. Comes with a new applicator from Chem guys and a brand new CG MF. :)

Just out my budget and after you recommending Vics to me it looks like that is the winner.

Should of offered the Celeste first ;)

If you still have by my next payday we will see.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! Not at all mate. The Celeste is another level though. Price always reflects that though.

Vics is fantastic mate I think you'll be chuffed to bits with that.

Yeah the little sample pot i got off you was really good, nice to apply and remove also looked Great.

The Vics isn't too expensive so i will give that a go. see how i get on.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Gally what would you suggest i try next.?

Im not a massive 8hr detailer by any means.I like to keep my car clean and wash/wax twice a week.I dont have a rotary or anything like that.Im just looking for a good shine.The maguires and z6 are fine tbh,just wondering if i should go z8 and also your input if theres anything better out there.?

Cheers,

ian

How long do you usually spend doing it Ian?

I don't have a machine polisher and I have a red car so most of my products would proberly suit you.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of products can be applied by hand tbf. I've been doing a lot more hand detailing at the house. It's quite cool instead of dragging the machine around all day.

Definitely pick up Z8 Ian. It's just like a wax top up between washes. Just use it after drying the car. Maybe pick up a good glaze like Red Moose Glaze? On Red it's unbeatable tbh. The glaze can be used with a foam applicator then buffed off before waxing. :)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=118&added=1 Or my new favourite, it really is special... http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/glazes/prima-amigo-polymer-glaze/prod_696.html

What wax are you using?

Not a 320d
my mate uses that red moose s**t and vics red on his japan red 130i, looks insane, but vics red isnt really durable and its s**t at beading.

Not a 320d
14tsy8m.jpg

Well I think it does......

That Red Moose looks like hard work by hand.

Could I use that after the BF GEP but before the BF AFPP?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed mate. I'd suggest the prima amigo for you though Jay as the Amigo has sealant bonding properties. So the AFPP will look simply stunning over the Amigo.

GEP, Amigo, AFPP and if you want you can then wax. :) Super wet!

Ian, any budget on a new wax? I think you need one. AG HD is only £25 from amazon and is very very good. Very durable and comes with some applicators and a cloth. :)

autoglym-high-definition-wax-kit-254-p.jpg

Amigo and Vics then next payday if I can get away with it without the OH seeing.

Turned out to be a good and expensive thread. Only wanted a spray. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, good place to chat about products ect that you've used.

The thing is those 2 buys are decent so they're not wasted. They're both something to add into your steps. :)

Yeah it wont be long before I put up a " which machine polisher" thread. :)

I might start offering my services out get some more experience and variety.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Indeed mate i've probably done more free jobs on performance cars than I have paid ones. I enjoy detailing and in return a lot of favours have been given back. :)

I don't work on generic motors though. I'd rather spend my Sunday chilling than work on an old C3 with sweets stuck to the glass. Give me an M5 or something and i'll happily give up my Sunday.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Ian, any budget on a new wax? I think you need one. AG HD is only £25 from amazon and is very very good. Very durable and comes with some applicators and a cloth. :)

TBH I think the HD wax is highly underated, I'm almost close to saying think I prefer it to my supernatural hybrid although can sometimes be a little harder to use if applied to much or in warm weather, but not that it is actually difficult to use if that makes sense..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course mate. I always recommend HD to people who are first into waxing. It really is perfect for peoples needs. So durable and pretty easy to use. Can't really ask for anymore imo.

It doesn't have a boutique feel but I doubt most enthusiasts are that bothered!

Haha! Indeed mate i've probably done more free jobs on performance cars than I have paid ones. I enjoy detailing and in return a lot of favours have been given back. :)

I don't work on generic motors though. I'd rather spend my Sunday chilling than work on an old C3 with sweets stuck to the glass. Give me an M5 or something and i'll happily give up my Sunday.

Yeah I can see what you mean. My old RB 182 got me into detailing, now I have the Astra it doesnt feel as special, I can still get it to look really good which is the aim but its doesnt give me the same thrill.

I hope a few people from Wirral see this and let me do thier car's ;). When i see my RB on the CS Banner it makes me sad.lol.