ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question about airbag light

White Evo V
My airbag light was on and it was a faulty block connector under the passenger seat so I cut the block connectors out and soldered the wires back together. Light is still on! I read that most people just put a resistor in the block to stop the light coming on but where do I put th resistor? Should I just wrap it around the wires I've soldered together?

Also this sounds stupid but where can I get a resistor from? Do b&q or maplins sell them?

Da

Less
The resistor is if you remove the seats and there is nolonger an airbag fitted.
Have you fitted an aftermarket steering wheel or anything?

White Evo V
No standard steering wheel! I will just deactivate the airbag if it takes the bloody light off! How do I do it??

Da

Less
I don't think you can and Renault wont do it due to insurance issues.

Have any bags been fired, I noticed your new bumper etc the other day ;)

White Evo V
New bumper??

No airbags have been fired, is there any way I can get the airbag light off then? Putting resistors in won't take it off then??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just take the dials out and remove the bulb or cover it in tape dude. Probably the easiest fix!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ah right, never knew that!

just cut the wire which goes to that light?

White Evo V
You can't even get to it! It's all sealed up! You can't see any wires or bulbs! I'm going to go buy a resistor and just see it if works.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Ah right, never went inside the dashs of my clios, just going on what ive seen of my DC2!

A resistor should work, just recut the wire and solder it in. Theres a thread on here which gives the Ohm rating you need somewhere, and you can get them from Maplins.

They are just SMD's on a circuit board, you can easily get to them as people change their SMD's to blue/white etc to change the color of the dash illumination. You have to take the clocks out then undo the torx bits on the back and it comes apart easily

Put some black tape over the SERV and Airbag lights on the circuit board?