ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick question on insurance

Audi S3 225

Hey, just wondering how come having a named driver added on to the policy knocks the price down by so much, im trying to get insured on a 172 after my accident and by adding my mum as a named driver it knocks the price down by 400 quid!

result, this is online with elephant gonna give them a ring just incase. Anyway so how come its cheaper having a named driver?

Allan

adding your mum will always in my experience reduce it, i guess because of her age.

another thing, if you tell them you drive another car on a regular basis that will reduce it too - weird i know. I suppose that works that if your driving some thing else theres less change of you smashing your car.

Because it means that if the older (more responsible) person is on the policy, it means they will be using it so that (in theory) the younger person wont be using it as much, in theory of course.

Audi S3 225

I was so close to not getting a 172 before i tried this, defiantly getting 1 now, fully comp is 1200 quid

I also found that changing ur occupation makes a big difference as well, whether or not they are that bothered when it comes to claiming i dunno, but i was messing about and found that putting down you are a computer engineer can in some cases knock 200 quid off!

Quote: Originally posted by Jonesy on 18 May 2005

I was so close to not getting a 172 before i tried this, defiantly getting 1 now, fully comp is 1200 quid

I also found that changing ur occupation makes a big difference as well, whether or not they are that bothered when it comes to claiming i dunno, but i was messing about and found that putting down you are a computer engineer can in some cases knock 200 quid off!
Thats fraud mate.

can you add your mum as a named driver (you being the main driver, registered keeper etc) even if you have no intention of letting her drive? or does that mean you wont build up a no claims bonus?

Yes, you can. If the policy is in your name, then it will count towards NCD regardless whether or not your mum is on as a named driver or not.