ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question - please!

My numpty brother has been driving my parents Clio around while they are away - he is not insured on it. Sadly it falls on me to try and stop him.

I have found one key to the car, but not the other. I cant drive the car away because my car is here, at my parents house, and they live ages away from where I live.

Is there a quick and easy way to disable the car? Ive looked at the fuse box under the bonnet but dont want to harm the car by taking out the wrong one! Also, I cant see an obvious distributor cap.

Hes not mechanically-minded, but Im sure hed work out what to do if I disconnected the battery!

The car has a 1.2 16v lump.

Quick reply appreciated!

Why not just remove the HT leads? When he tries to start it the little bugger will think hes broken it.

If youre really this bothered, jack the car up, stick the rear on some bricks and remove one of the wheels and lock it in your car. Fail safe if nothing else.

I was thinking of taking one or two of the wheels home in my car if all else fails.

I remember that on all my old Clios (apart from my current 172) you could just disconnect the lead to the distributor and the engine wouldt run. Does the 1.2 16v have coil packs or a distributor? Had a look under the bonnet and found the four wires going to the plugs, but not way of disconnecting them (hidden under cover). Its raining too!

Clio 172 Mk2

Another good one is to remove the ECU. They usually come with 1 bigh multiplug which is easy to disconnect.

I think a good hard slap would be the best course of action. Then another one for good messure.

I assume reasoining like the fact he could face loseing his licence or ending up in jail if he has a serious accident isnt detering him???

No offence mate but he sounds like a little tw*t