ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question..

do you leave a 24hour gap between..
a)Polish --> sealant
b)sealant --> next coat of sealant
c)Any coat of a LSP

oh and one more lol

Is there any point of applying Extra Gloss Protection if you havent used some Super Resin prior to this?

Cheers :)

Ahhhhh..... I see you seek the answers from master... for I am only a padawan and unable to help you.

you need the man they call "Rich" seen often around these parts, he will teach you well my young apprentice.

good luck in your quest for more shine my friend.

Rich,
brazo,
Brun..

Any fucker will do ;) =P

I hear if you say any of the aboves names 3 times while spinning round they appear in the forum.

106 GTi
LOL

You can do them all after another in one session if you like!

Bot for most durable rsults.

Polish Super Resin and seal with Extra Gloss.

Wait 12-24 hours - Apply Second Coat of Extra Gloss

Wait another 12-24 hours - Apply wax.

EGP after extra SRP adds durability and extra depth and gloss, 3 coats of EGP give the best results for me.

EGP not used after SRP will not bond as well, plus the SRP cleans up paint nicely leaving an ideal base.

Rich "The Chosen One" ;)

Full Fat 182
There's far too much bone smoking going on here... We'r men, we should drink beer and take this p1ss out of each other, not offer each other hand shandys :eek:

On a serious note, 3 step EGP leaving 24 hours between each and 2 coats of wax spit-shined, ooo err, looks the nuts, top up weekly with QW+ or OCW after a proper wash and dry and it'll stay that way

AceJon

Skoda Fabia vRS
as above, for best durability leave a good few hours between coats, but in most cases thats not possible

Acejon said:
There's far too much bone smoking going on here... We'r men, we should drink beer and take this p1ss out of each other, not offer each other hand shandys :eek:
LOL @ hand shandys, shurley something with such a comical name cant be bad :)

Cheers Rich, Jon & Brun.

Detailers - We are the men, of men :cool: Grrrr