ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick RSTuner review

just received the map off Henk and loaded it on, very easy to use interface. Just left the laptop on in the car and let it do it's thing (make sure your lappy doesnt hibernate or standby!).

Got back to it (i'll admit I wasn't expecting that much) but wow!! It's the low down torque that's most noticable and it was instantly noticable too. 1500rpm 2nd gear and it revs to the red line very quickly and that's 60 mph (my red line being 7k but think this map goes up to 7800). Just imagine the roundabout exitz innit man!!1111one.

Not really had chance to open it up properly due to conditions and time etc but i'll be testing it against my mates VXR at the weekend to see if it did any better than before (he'll be even more gutted if it does better ha ha)

I was going to get you a little vid but in my haste forgot my stuff and ended up driving in my homer slippers.

I've noticed i'm fighting with the wheel a lot more in 2nd gear too :eek: The low down torque is really a nice thing to have though.

Thumbs up from me, will update it when I can...

PS, one thing worried me on the live data, there was an average knock sensor reading of like 30, is that normal?

That knock reading seems silly high? I thought generally they read about 3? Need to cinfirm that though. I may be well off the mark

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
er 30 is stupidly high! Knock needs to stay below 3 ideally, sure it's not 3.0?

R35 GTR
arent they supposed to be generic maps? why would you need to "keep" it below anything? surely the ignition timing should be correct....

38797844vx8.jpg

38602945hs6.jpg

the guy in thid thread has a 97knock?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=289188&highlight=rstuner

Last edited:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
arent they supposed to be generic maps? why would you need to "keep" it below anything? surely the ignition timing should be correct....

Sorry poor wording, yeah you have no control over it, but it can depend on which map your using and your fuel, i.e. using a map he's done for 98 RON and using 95 in the car. This could cause higher knock correction values.

the guy in thid thread has a 97knock?

sorry got confused, it's knock correction :p