ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Saturday Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I'm gonna be blunt... The wheels look s**t. The only reason anybody on here likes them is because they bum OEM and are big into their Renaults, anyone else would tell you they look s**t - and they'd be right.

The car looks tidy, so credit to you there, definitely... But Turinis are generally kept on these for a reason tbh.

Be as blunt as you like, why would I want to become a CS sheep & have 2118's or turinis like every other clio. No thanks my car is my car :p

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If it wasnt a trophy those wheels were on everyone would be loving it..

​Personally I think it looks great!

LY R26
Looks v clean, thinks its the fact the wheels are bright ailver that makes people look at it odd being used to trophies with darker wheels

172 cup
I honestly don't see the fuss everyone is making about his wheels ffs. If they were big horrible 17's or 18's then yeah they look gash.
I was always taught if you have nothing nice to say then don't say nothing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I do have one question though Marc. What's with the ditchfinders? Seems strange on a car noted for it's epic handling.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Wheels look pretty pants to me but I've never been a fan of these wheels on 172/182s ever since markcup put them on his a while ago.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I do have one question though Marc. What's with the ditchfinders? Seems strange on a car noted for it's epic handling.

For a car with epic handling did you not possibly mention at some stage you where going to change your sachs racing dampers ?

Maybe you should have bought some decent tyres instead of the other mods.

The tyres came with the wheels and they where a better buy that putting good tyres on my turinis, cheap or not for the whole 1/2 mile a day that i drive i doubt that i will be doing some mad / crazy driving that warrants me paying extra just for tyres.

The rest of the mods have all been done before the wheels & tyres where bought

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No I don't remember wanting to change the dampers. They're the Trophies part piece.

Monaco blue 172
Trophys are one of them cars that should be left standard IMO just as Renault intended, limited runs need keeping as per brand new from the factory. Bit of an exhaust fair enough and some subtle springs but not much of a drop.

The wheels just ruin the car totally for me if i'm honest! Personally i wouldn't sit a trophy low either, just ruining exactly what the car is about imo. Shame as its mint enough to be a lovely examply!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im glad to say im lucky enough that if i wanted to i can pop down the road and put my Turnin wheels on as i do own them so its not the end of the world.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im going to tint the windows next and fit a set of these.

Peco BB4

bigbore4.jpg

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I think they look good the problem is. People on this forum don't like change or something different.
Not everyone likes my car. But the end of the day I like it. Otherwise I wouldn't have it the way it was/is.
Not every Clio has to look the same.

Rant over :) haha

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
The tyres came with the wheels and they where a better buy that putting good tyres on my turinis, cheap or not for the whole 1/2 mile a day that i drive i doubt that i will be doing some mad / crazy driving that warrants me paying extra just for tyres.

If these are correct, you seem to be spotted a lot on your 1/2 mile a day driving?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?698242-Marc-R-Sunday-night
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?698586-MarcR
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?698586-MarcR

The rest of the mods have all been done before the wheels & tyres where bought

So pointless on your tyres and the fact you don't even utilise its potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.