ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Starts

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

How the hell do you do them?

In any which way i seem to add the power in the hybrid it spins in first!

Had two little plays with my g-tech earlier to see what i could get. They were all below the 7 sec mark but there is still so much more potential. Doesnt seem to bad mind you bearing in mind its a full interiored up car with the spare also. Oh and a mate. lol

One of my better runs:-
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/ebay087.jpg

Any tips people? :confused:

what car is it? williams??

just gotta feed the throttle in really smooth, try out different revs for starting from, dont just dump the clutch and floor it,

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

i fint the best way is to pull away at say 1500 revs, then once you are moving, then floor it, to minimize wheelspin

172cup

have to say i think im pretty good at standing starts, when playing on private raceways... seem to get away a lot quicker than anything else.

I dont sit at any extra revs... just sit on my biting point, and when it goes green... floor it. Level off clutch to throttle till your throttle is flat. Take it to greatest power peak on rev band for each gear change.

Works a treat for me

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Its a 16v with a willy engine

Johnny - doesnt matter at what point i floor it in first it spins! lol

D.brown - Yeah ill give it a worle without using any extra revs from standing and see what happens. As for when to chnage gear ive been taking it to just before the limiter but this seems to work well. Especially as i can hit sixty in second this way

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Winston on 24 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by JonnyK on 24 August 2005

i fint the best way is to pull away at say 1500 revs, then once you are moving, then floor it, to minimize wheelspin
I agree.....sometime even lower RPM lol
Surely they still spin though?! Mine seems to hit the 3k area and just spin its ass off. Thats on 16s with good tyres

I gotta sort this out and get on the strip

Works on the road (not sure how lol)....but didnt on the strip

Mine just loves to spin........spins in 2nd if i do a fast enuff gear change in the dry lol

Ease that throttle.........;)

I had to get off to a quick start the other day due to a stupid traffic light sequence. best way on the road I find is hold at the bite with 2500rpm, then just feed the throttle in and feed the clutch out and it chirps and its away... I used to get a load of wheelspin with the Yokos, but the PE2s just grip, will only spin if im not to careful or hammer 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear changes.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ahh right im on yokos and yes they do spin. Know what you mean by the second gear wheel spin too. They love it if you do a quick gear change

One thing that seems to make it worse is the clutch is either on or off. There is about 1mil play! Stave put a uprated R5 turbo one on there or something rated 250ft/lbs of torque

yeah I hate those clutches, 2 live has that and the B&M quick shift and I find it a nightmare to drive, keep almost stalling it at every take off point! lol

having said that hes the same in mine, moans about the clutch is too heavy... :confused: lol

Are you on Yoko A539s by any chance then?

Ziel Nurburgring

Biggest factor i found was road surface. Some tarmac is much grippier in places, and helps get away quickly. Broken and old roads tend to be crap for fast times.

You can always cheat and use some of that high grip coating to get the perfect start.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Build the revs up to about 2500rpm and keep it in 1st gear with your clutch on biting point.

Keep your handbrake on and slowly release your clutch pedal so the front end of the car starts to lift but doesnt move forward ( so its on biting point - a bit like an up hill start )

keep your right foot on the gas - your left foot on the clutch - and your left hand on the handbrake ( pulling it up to stop the car going forward )

Keep your eyes on the lights and when they go on green release the handbrake and the clutch together and nail the throttle.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

When we do the airfield drags,I wait at 4k with the handbrake on @ biteing point.Full throttle when we set off up to6.5k then dont take your foot off the throttle as you change in to 2nd. Ive got that clutch in mine to & I find it much better than the standard one once I got used to it.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Tom I found 1500-2000rpm the best then just feed the power in. Try the 15s the tyres are better on there.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Same as steve a. Pull away a tiny amount on medium revs then nail the throttle and slide the clutch out. On change to second, floor the throttle just before you dump the clutch too, but I guess you will get wheelspin if you do that from what you say above.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 24 August 2005Build the revs up to about 2500rpm and keep it in 1st gear with your clutch on biting point. Keep your handbrake on and slowly release your clutch pedal so the front end of the car starts to lift but doesnt move forward ( so its on biting point - a bit like an up hill start )keep your right foot on the gas - your left foot on the clutch - and your left hand on the handbrake ( pulling it up to stop the car going forward )Keep your eyes on the lights and when they go on green release the handbrake and the clutch together and nail the throttle.

all the gayboys on here said "you should never use your handbrake on the 1/4"

BUT if you hold the button in it works very well

great minds matthew

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 24 August 2005

Are you on Yoko A539s by any chance then?
Yep i am

Steve - i thought i was trying from low revs anyways but from what people have said obviously not! lol I may give them other wheels a worle. Thinking of refurbing them in white at the mo

Once it stops raining and drys ill have a another blast

Tucks - Im not doin any full throttle changes! lol

yeah the Yokos are good tyres until they wear down a bit, I found once 3mm had been used they were useless and borderline fatal in the wet... so drive careful! When new they were absolutely awesome, but get some PE2 on there and thats your problem solved. Worth the money imo

f**k doing full throttle gear changes, if you miss the gear it sounds infinitely worse... and it can easily happen if you 1/4 miling it all day... lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

The fronts will probs need changing soonish. But yeah in the wet they dont grip too well!

Forgive my ignorence but what make are PE2s? :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 24 August 2005

Its a 16v with a willy engine

Johnny - doesnt matter at what point i floor it in first it spins! lol

D.brown - Yeah ill give it a worle without using any extra revs from standing and see what happens. As for when to chnage gear ive been taking it to just before the limiter but this seems to work well. Especially as i can hit sixty in second this way
try changing for better tyres