ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick stupid question

Black PH2 172 FF
How do you make the electric windows go all the way down without keeping your finger on the button?

(MK2 PH2)

Black PH2 172 FF
LOL

I'm sure I've done it before - but don't know how I did it.....

Might have to dust off the manual and have a look.....

Clio 1.4 16v
You can only do it with the drivers side, press it slightly, not all the way - The car has to be started

Yep just a quick full touch.
Only works on the drivers side to get the passengers side to do one touch from either side you need Renault to switch it on in the UCH plus you need a new drivers side switch and a few extra cables its not worth the effort.

R35 GTR
edde said:
Yep just a quick full touch.
Only works on the drivers side to get the passengers side to do one touch from either side you need Renault to switch it on in the UCH plus you need a new drivers side switch and a few extra cables its not worth the effort.

How much effort and cost? As I am working on a way of doing this, i notice the passenger side doesnt have a safety cut out if you get something stuck in the window, but drivers side does.

Is this activated via the UCH?

RS Meg 175
Saner said:
don't think the feature exsists on my ph1 :(

Nope doesnt on mine either saner, grrr *shakes fist*

if u try to either close or open both windows at the same time they go down slower to if you were only doing one as well ;) stupid pointless observation that is bugging me lol

RS Meg 175
lol two main ones are:

Electric Window Stamina lol

Sunroof Percussion

Waiting for a few more to make a debut lol

Dave3141 said:
How much effort and cost? As I am working on a way of doing this, i notice the passenger side doesnt have a safety cut out if you get something stuck in the window, but drivers side does.

Is this activated via the UCH?
Yep some new wires from the drivers and passnegers doros to each other and the UCH a new drivers side switch (would take a few days to order since its not keep in UK stock and from what I remeber you cannot bodge the stock one to work. Also you need a dealership with a Clip to switch the option on won't take more than a minute or so.

However you need to have the H3 (I think thats it) high level UCH easy way to tell if you have if for sure is if you have auto light or wipers then you have it.

R35 GTR
edde said:
Yep some new wires from the drivers and passnegers doros to each other and the UCH a new drivers side switch (would take a few days to order since its not keep in UK stock and from what I remeber you cannot bodge the stock one to work. Also you need a dealership with a Clip to switch the option on won't take more than a minute or so.

However you need to have the H3 (I think thats it) high level UCH easy way to tell if you have if for sure is if you have auto light or wipers then you have it.

I have the H3 UCH then. Any chance of a guide for this? :D I will do it.

Dave3141 said:
I have the H3 UCH then. Any chance of a guide for this? :D I will do it.
Errr do you know someoen at Renault who will switch your one touch on using the clip as withouth this its a waste of time.

Getting a part number for the one touch switch is difficuolt since UK cars don't have it (imports don't count as some of them have it as the different spec).
I'll have a look at a guide problem is I don't want everyone trying it wihtouth understanding what there doing messing it up and blaming/querying me on PM for the next 10 years.

This isn't finished as I've yet to work out the switch looks like you need a new one
Guide to making the electric windows on a Mk2 phase 2 one touch on both sides.

First thing to remember is its not worth the hastle but if you do want to you need to check firstly thsat you have a N3 level UCH the easy way to be sure is if you have one or more of the following you have it

Light sensors
Headlight washer jetss
Rain sensor

If you don't have this then you might be a bit stuck, if your UCH has been replaced at some time in the cars life you might be lucky and the UCH might have been swoped for the N3 one. If not then you need to buy a new UCH costing ~£350.

Next of you need to find someone with a Renault clip computer or a Renault garage who will adjust your UCH to turn the 1 touch passenger side windows on. It won't take them long to do some dealers are likly not to want to get involved though.

I think you need a new drivers side switch I'll try find a part number etc but its not easy as documents contradite each other. If you try this and guide and the one touch windows don't work then a new swittch must be needed and I'm not sure what the effect of having a wrong switch will have due to the way the UCH is integrated into the windows operattion.

From the UCH you need to run 4 wires

1) From the white connector (P202) on the UCH the connector number 2 a wire need to be run to the electric motor in the drivers side connection number 1. It threads its ways though the blank space B9 in the door connection. If you want to follow Renault wiring it should be beige coloured wire

2) From the white connector (P202) on the UCH the connector number 5 a wire need to be run to the electric motor in the drivers side connection number 2. It threads its ways though the blank space A9 in the door connection. If you want to follow Renault wiring it should be violet coloured wire.

3) From the black connector (P201) on the UCH the connector number 37 a wire need to be run to the drivers side switch plug A1. It threads its ways though the blank space A6 in the door connection. If you want to follow Renault wiring it should be orange coloured wire.

4) From the black connector (P201) on the UCH the connector number 38 a wire need to be run to the drivers side switch plug B2. It threads its ways though the blank space B6 in the door connection. If you want to follow Renault wiring it should be violet coloured wire.

From the drivers side switch you need to make a change firstly buy the new switch (although both swittches look the same on the wiring diagram they arn't apparently.

Now there a wiring fix to be made how to go about it is upto you I'm not writing the different combinations but the way I'd do it is to unplug the wires going into the drivers switch A2 and B3 and tape them up. If you realy wanted to you could remove this wire it goes back to connection B8 on the drivers door.

Then on the drivers door to body shell connnection chnage the wires which goes into plug A8 and put it into plug A11.

Then get Renault to switch on the one touch on your UCH. LC094 is the code Renult need on the Clip to enable one touch. Or get them to change the option in the UCH. It won't take them long to do it.