ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Suspension Question

Cliosport 182
Took my clio 182 for a MOT last week and 3 of my suspension springs had cracked. Been the cheap skate I am I bought a set of used springs and dampers of ebay. The advert stated that the springs and dampers are off a clio 182 cup.

Now I have change the front suspension as a whole for the ones of ebay, but I have only changed the springs on the back, I have left my original rear dampers in place.

My question is, are the rear dampers on the cup cars any different to the normal 182. They look the same but if they are different I will change them, just so it all correct.

Cheers

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If the front were a straight swap then his is the same as whatever the old suspension came off.

So no point in fitting those dampers as they are the same as what is fitted now.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yep if yours isnt a cup packed/cup then the ones you bought off ebay are not cup ones either.

Cliosport 182
So, if I am right, what you are saying is that the ebay one are just standard suspension if it was just a direct swap. Will cup one not fit?

I does not matter as it was dirt cheap, just needed the springs really.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The suspension you bought of ebay isn't off a cup then, as they are different to a none cup/nonecup packed 182.

Cliosport 182
Thats great then, I will just leave the original rear dampers in place as there is no point in changing them.

So just out of curiosity, is the cup suspension visually different to the normal suspension. I would have just thought the spring would have just been a little tougher and the valving just a bit different in the dampers.

Anyway, thanks DrRollo for your help.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
the bolt spacing a cup dampers is different on the fronts, so won't physically fit none cup'd ones, can't really comment on the difference, i just know they're a bit stiffer.

Cliosport 182
The bolt spacing where it attaches to the uprights? So the cup cars have a complete different front upright assembly?