ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quick water/antifreeze level question

Fiesta Zetec
Had my water pump replaced under warranty just after xmas. Picked car up from dealer in a bit of a rush so just drove off really. Just checked the level and its not even up to the min line (slighty below it) Are renault taking the p*ss or what? They use a bright geen mixture from what I can see, you reckon I should get on to them for a top up or is the green mixture available at halfords?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's not unknown for it to go down after the system has been refilled, the trapped air has got out.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yes, as the air has escaped, just top it up to max again and will be fine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it was me i'd just use any stuff or even water. Just go back there and say, i bet they'd top it up for free. If it keeps on going below min then there is a problem.

Megane 2 GT 165
Yeah just go...back they'll fill it back up. You paid for it right? They should have run the engine to get the trapped air out.

As above...when it keep going down below there's a problem

Twingo 133
Go to your local gsf.
They sell the proper renault coolant half the price renault want.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
i think the coolant is blue not green. halfords sell it bout £5/6 neat i think. There a specific one...glycol sumet or other (basically without methanol i think) Sorry about the spelling. haha.

Twingo 133
i think the coolant is blue not green. halfords sell it bout £5/6 neat i think. There a specific one...glycol sumet or other (basically without methanol i think) Sorry about the spelling. haha.

Renault filled it with green coolant and thats what they sell.
The blue coolant which you can get from Renault is type c which is used in the older renaults.
Type D is what the green stuff is.

"Navy" N17 TWO
When I got my car it had the green-coloured coolant.
About a week ago it was a bit low so topped it up with some of the Holtts blue stuff and screwed the cap on again.

Is that the right way of going about it or should I have flushed something out first? :S

Clio MK 4
ye its normal. just top it up with water. I had my radiator replaced and they re filled the coolant which was at the maximum line. went home and when i got back it was down around minimum. toped it up and now its stable. It just trapped air.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Bumping this as I have a small pool of coolant on the drivers side of the bumper and a below MIN level in the bottle. Obviously a leak somewhere.

I take it you need to get underneath to properly check for any leaks etc, as I can only just see a small bit of wetness at the bottom of the engine bay at the front?

CB600FS
Bumping this as I have a small pool of coolant on the drivers side of the bumper and a below MIN level in the bottle. Obviously a leak somewhere.

I take it you need to get underneath to properly check for any leaks etc, as I can only just see a small bit of wetness at the bottom of the engine bay at the front?

Bottom of the engine bay on the drivers side is below the water pump.... possibly bottom rad hose aswell.