ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quiet exhausts

2002 172
hey all

i just been pulled by the rozzers and i need to change my exhaust for a quieter one as it will make thmem stay off my back

my ph2 172 had a 4-2-1 manifold and decat and a powerflow cat back system,
what can i do to make it quieter?

i was thinking a standard backbox to muffle the noise or possibly get a silenced performance system

can anyone recommend a quiet backbox for the time being or should i quickly stick on a standard backbox?

cheers

si

Renaultsport Clio 182
loads of people run de-cats and cat back systems without any issue - how come yours is so loud it attracts the filth?

2002 172
not too sure mate, it was 87.1db and the limit is 82 apparantly

i dont think my exhaust is loud its just the coppers being silly but i gotta change it or i get a court summons

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Lol, mine standard at track day noise testing was running 83, WTF are the po po on about?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Lol Our tack car makes anywhere between 92 DB - 103DB depending on the circuit. show how different the results can be :p

I didnt realise there was a noise law, im sure TVRs make +82 DBs :p