ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quieter than standard exhaust system?

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi all

This is my first post so apologies if this has been covered before, I couldn't see anything.

I have an 03 172 cup and I'm after a really quiet exhaust (I know different to the usual) so I don't have to raise my voice when talking on the motorway etc. Problem is I don't want anything too restrictive.

Does anyone know where I can get one online or anyone nearby that can make one?

Thanks

I recommend a ktec supersports stealth for your needs. It's very quiet.

Ok it's not lol.

I doubt there's one quieter then the oem one. Might be better to get a custom made exhaust and tell them your requirements.

And welcome to the club.

Listerine & Poledo
OP, I already like you.
Unfortunately, as Emma. says you're probably not going to easily find an off-the-shelf option for your needs as it would appear that nearly every other clio owner wants their car to be heard from as far away as possible.

Maybe you could ring a place that makes custom exhausts and tell tham what you're looking for, they'll probably be shicked but no doubt they'll be able to work out what to do.

One thing though, my 172 is all standard and it's certainly not raise-your-voice-to-speak-to-the-passenger loud, you sure you haven't maybe got a blow somewhere?

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Thanks guys.

Think it is blowing slightly so is it just worth getting a standard OEM system? Guessing it can't be too bad for breathing if Renault fitted it originally?

320d
I don't see how you can get quieter than standard. They are literally silent. All you hear is engine noise and that's due to the fact there isn't a great deal of sound deadening in Clio's.

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
BTB ones look a bit steep :eek:

OEM sounds best, just had a quick look at mine and I'm beginning to think its not standard and blowing so an OEM one would probably be "silent" in comparison!

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
This.

If you're looking for a quieter engine, may I suggest my 1.2 litre Grande? I'm willing to do a straight swap. Very comfortable for long journeys.

BTB or OEM I reckon.

Haha don't think I'll be swapping it for anything soon! I love the car just want (more girlfriend wants!) a bit less noise on long journeys.

Anyone know the best/cheapest to get a good quality OEM one?

225 Cup & Williams
BTB is an excellent system. Nice and quiet when your cruising but has a nice roar to it when giving it the beans. I love mine :)

Listerine & Poledo
OEM makes as good a noise as you'll get out of that 4-pot.

The operative word here being noise.

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Sorry for the poor quality its dark!

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Managed to find a picture of a standard back box and mine definitely isn't so does anyone know the best place to get a standard system?