ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quinn Direct {Your Views}

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
What do people think about Quinn Direct, if they have heard of them, I am currently with LV Liverpool Victoria and Quinn have quoted me 250quid cheaper with lower excess I can mod the car visually with no effect, it sounds as thought it's the perfect insurer but there has to a draw back.
Any views much appriciated.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
seemed pretty good, i had a job interview with them once, looked good but i turned the job down

Clio 1.8 16v
I'm currently insured with them. I have had no trouble with them, insurance on the Valver is around £230 TPF&T (Also includes one named driver but at no extra cost for her anyway). When I have phoned customer services (to change bank direct debit details) the phone was answered promptly and the staff are polite and helpful.

The policy documents also arrived very quickly too.

A friend of mine runs a spray shop and he deals with them the other way round to us!... He said instead of fighting claims in court, Quinn will try to settle out of court, rather than cost everyone, including themselves a fortune in the long run.

It was all sorted online, although you will need proof of your no claims, this is what most insurers want to see anyway.

Hope they are as good for you as they have been for me!

Caroline.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah I've had no problems with them in almost 5 years :)

Cheapest quote for cover in N.Ireland too and their No-Claims discounts are great!

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
sounds top dog to me these comments,
LV have quoted 1250 for my golf 1.6 1999
Quinn have quoted 1073

Clio Mk1
well i cheapest quote with any one is £2600 on a clio 1.2 just passed my test but with quinn direct the have quotes me just under £1600 witch i like :D

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
sorry just seen mk1 on your car name thingy

i got insured at 1600 17yr old 1free yrs no claims with LV

iceburg 172
yea im also with quinn and never had any problems, im tpft this also covers me to drive other vehicles wich is a bonus!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Lucky for you lot over the water!

My 1st insurance was £1900 3rd party F&T on a Mk1 1.2RL :eek: - twice the car value lol
But thats good old "Norn Iron" for ye

£510 fully comp now on the dci :D

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I really like them, no problems and they always answer the phones pretty fast.

They also are dead easy with mods so long as you dont touch the engine.

Also they were really cheap for swapping to a temporary car fully comp.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yeah I agree with everything said, very helpful, quick to get through on the phone (although the line always seems quiet!)
They allow you any cosmetic modifications, you only need to inform them if you increase power or acceleration, which for young drivers is superb.

What Caz said was good to hear;

"A friend of mine runs a spray shop and he deals with them the other way round to us!... He said instead of fighting claims in court, Quinn will try to settle out of court, rather than cost everyone, including themselves a fortune in the long run."

Clio16V
hey guys im insured with them from day one and at 1000 tpf&f for a 17 year old is pretty good, found it easy to change details around aswell
my mates also been insured with them for a 1000 on his 1.4 206.
&& next year it goes down to 587 :):).

any one know how much they charge for exhaust an induction?

yea im also with quinn and never had any problems, im tpft this also covers me to drive other vehicles wich is a bonus!

Thats really good if youn can drive other cars aswell, I can not drive others' cars till im 25 and im fully comp with Privilige (i take it 1987 is your birth year)

MK1 1.2 Clio
1 NCB
18 yrs old
470 quid TP,F&T
And last year it was only £850, with legal cover.
No complaints at all.

Clio 1.8 16v
6 Points in your first 2 years gets your licence revoked, so you have to go and take your tests again (both theory and practical).... I did the same, passed one driving test, got points, licence revoked, had to re-apply for provisional, and ended up with my new provisional licence with 6 points on it.

The points come off in the same amount of time, if you pass your test they will just be transferred onto your full licence.

1.2 Campus sport
went to ensure my Mk1 with quinn.. they wanted £3000.. abit hefty considering i wanted to insure with them because i knew that they wer lenient with mods. Ended up insuring it for 1950 at 17 with alloys and the 40mm lowering springs removed. promptly CRASHED that 1 (when i say crash, it was more of a prang but the car wasnt worth v much, even though it was a 1996 model with 23000 miles on it) anyways the renewal was 2500 so i bought my campus sport brand nu :p and renault sorted me with cashback insurance at 1600. renewal time has come around again and at the age of 19 i can insure it for 650 TPFT with a years no claims.. not to bad i would say

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Hmm, sounds like someone is due a knock on the door soon.

My mate for 6 points on his provisional, due to the loophole in the law, he gets to keep the licence and now has to be super careful when driving now that he has passed.

went to ensure my Mk1 with quinn.. they wanted £3000.. abit hefty considering i wanted to insure with them because i knew that they wer lenient with mods. Ended up insuring it for 1950 at 17 with alloys and the 40mm lowering springs removed. promptly CRASHED that 1 (when i say crash, it was more of a prang but the car wasnt worth v much, even though it was a 1996 model with 23000 miles on it) anyways the renewal was 2500 so i bought my campus sport brand nu :p and renault sorted me with cashback insurance at 1600. renewal time has come around again and at the age of 19 i can insure it for 650 TPFT with a years no claims.. not to bad i would say

Surely the value of a new campus sport is too much to insure TPFT, I thought anything over £3k had to be fully comp.

Recaro'd 182
my first insurance was £1200 fully comp on a clio 1.4 alize lol and that was with pass plus, was cheapest through norwich union but they s**t to deal with i heard so i changed to direct line year after. been with them since and now with them on my clio 182 :) 21 yrs with 4 years protected no claims and £698 to insure for year! result or what :)