ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quite embarisin but still need help!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
hey guys,

On sat i picked a few of the boys up from town, and needless to say, they were hammerd! and as i just got to one of their houses - out it came, sick all over the back of my car, down behind my seat and where the seat belt is bolted to.....i was not happy!!!! and ive tried everything to get the horrid smell out but nothin seems to work!! anyone had this before??

some ideas would be most help full lol

PH1 V6
Megs do an interior cleaner which i used on my last car to get rid of the smell of milk which had leaked all over my front passenger seat!! it worked a treat

Blk/Gold 182 FF
ive tried this vanish moose stuff, still smells, ive got this oust stuff, still smells, ive got about 4 green magic trees hanging from the inside of the car...still smells lol just probab;y the worst smell in the world in a black car that was in the sun while i was at work..... lol

Renaultsport Clio 200
I would expect paying for a professional clean on the interior would soon get the smell out.

Not the cheapest option, but surely your mates would be willing to help out if not pay for it seeing as they caused it - might mean they have to be sober for a few days to pay it :)

I have a cardinal rule in my car "he who throws up - mops up"

Clio 1.5dci
ive tried this vanish moose stuff, still smells, ive got this oust stuff, still smells, ive got about 4 green magic trees hanging from the inside of the car...still smells lol just probab;y the worst smell in the world in a black car that was in the sun while i was at work..... lol

I think oust and febreeze are pretty much the same right?

Just try doing it about 3 or 4 times, in the above link someone did that to get rid of it.

Fiesta ST3
must admit, this has happened to me (not in a clio though), i had to use febreeze everyday for a few weeks till the smell went

thing is you need to get rid of every single bit of the sick otherwise it will keep smelling.

330i. E30 Touring.
I would expect paying for a professional clean on the interior would soon get the smell out.

Not the cheapest option, but surely your mates would be willing to help out if not pay for it seeing as they caused it - might mean they have to be sober for a few days to pay it :)

I have a cardinal rule in my car "he who throws up - mops up"

I've always said if someone throws up in my car, then they eat it cold for breakfast.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pay someone.

Sorry make them pay someone to fix it.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
hes bloody skint lol ye i think i got it all up, its just the carpet still smells so it must have gone to the underneath or summin lol i'll have another crack at it when i get home from work today, just one of those things you just dont need to happen!!!

Unbolt the seat, Take it out.

Hire a wet vac or borrow one if you can.

Spray some Auto glym interior cleaner on, Then wet vac off.

Or use some carpet cleaner spray etc.

Just cleaning the surface then spraying smells to hide the sick wont work imo.

You need to pay someone, Or do it yourself and have it wet vacced out.

Rusty Cup
hmm this is not what you need :S if you cant find a low tech solution i'd get the car cleaned professionally and get the offender to pay for it!!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
sounds like i shall have to have the bugger cleaned then, i wouldn't have the first clue in where to find a wet vac from haha summers cumin too and the thought of that smell when i;m tryin to enjoy the country roads of the welsh sea side make me wanna throw up haha

Chelsea tractor
Go to a pet shop and explain the situation to them. They'll probably give you some stuff that helps to get rid of cat wee. It's awesome! I can't remember what it's called though. Either that or scrub it with bio washing powder and water? That s**t smells strong.

I think one of the most important things is whatever chemical cleaner you use, just make sure they get plenty of air for at least a day.

Maybe taking them out and cleaning them might be the best idea, so the air can get to them properly so they dry out and get rid of the smell.
If you don't want to take them out maybe leaving doors/windows etc. open might be an idea.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
I think one of the most important things is whatever chemical cleaner you use, just make sure they get plenty of air for at least a day.

Maybe taking them out and cleaning them might be the best idea, so the air can get to them properly so they dry out and get rid of the smell.
If you don't want to take them out maybe leaving doors/windows etc. open might be an idea.

I'll do tha when i get home, its still quite sunny down here today so i'll give it another blast with the vanish foam and then if tha doesn;t work i;ll go somewhere on the weekend

Golf GTD Mk7
scrub the stuff off and give it a good APC with something like flash/daisy with a 1:4 dilution. Let it dry, the drensh it in fabreeze. you might need to scrub it again after that has dried to remove any water marks it might leave.

Never pick my mrs up in my car for this reason. I've had one of her mates throw up, and another wet herself, I s**t you not.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Wet vac the area if possible, and leave it slightly damp. Valetpro do a product called Enzyme oudor eater, apply this to the area and leave over night, the bacteria in the product, effectivley eats the source of the smell, once its done its bit, wet vac again... a couple of applications may be required...

If you PM me your address, i'll send you some out..

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Wet vac the area if possible, and leave it slightly damp. Valetpro do a product called Enzyme oudor eater, apply this to the area and leave over night, the bacteria in the product, effectivley eats the source of the smell, once its done its bit, wet vac again... a couple of applications may be required...

oh nice one, how much dude?

Clio 182 & VX220
OMG I hate the smell of sick. I think you will always be imagining that smell whenever you get in it even if you cant actually smell it. Good luck

Stagecoach Ticket
i had some interior cleaner and keept hooving and using fabric cleaner it goes after a while unless u get used to it haha. Piss in his shoes then u be even

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If It was me, i'd be removing seats, carpets, belts etc and make sure its all clean. Could be chunks of carrot and all sorts stuck in there. No amount of air fresheners will sort that! Need to make sure its 100% chunk free before you try anything else imo.

421 Cammed 172
Washing powder (For washing machine) mixed with warm water in a spray bottle, wipe down any surface that is wipe clean (Leather, plastic) and as said before as wet & dry hoover for the carpet.

Clio 200 Cup
hey guys,

On sat i picked a few of the boys up from town, and needless to say, they were hammerd! and as i just got to one of their houses - out it came, sick all over the back of my car, down behind my seat and where the seat belt is bolted to.....i was not happy!!!! and ive tried everything to get the horrid smell out but nothin seems to work!! anyone had this before??

some ideas would be most help full lol

burn the car, its the only way

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Once you've cleaned it, spray some of that Chemical Guys scent - it's like, TOO strong. That'll clear it.

Failing that, you'll have to sell the car.

Evo 6, E92 320d

I can also reccomend the enzyme odour eater, brilliant stuff.