ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.I.P Phase 2 172

RenaultSport clio 17
Hi Everyone, fresh to the cliosport forum. For the last 6 months i have been in depression and i have now found an outlet for my emotions. Cliosport!!!! Around 7 months ago, i bought a clio 172 phase 2. My pride and joy. I cleaned her at least once a week as you can see.

y1pQ4npGLHC1DfGaEYBLjaJrbiGKKMvPgf9QUxgJ4rKbNhVmvu0UFv54fyttBDaKCoKeKuUp4VMP4hlo3VrqmJWUA

I loved the beast... Took me about 2 months searching, i had around a 6k budget, and i found this on ebay for £6100 with 23k on the clock. Living in Plymouth i went to Slough to pick her up. Got my brother to drop me off and smiled for over 250 miles all the way home. Brilliant.

y1pQ4npGLHC1DezZQzhmIduopQ2VjMhvpZZMaJ_F6v5nWBpnOGJmOuVdL-X-PkYbXtGyqLBZb1sgcTJcIBff0l_Dw

3 weeks later, i was on my way home from work and was feeling playfull and messed up bigtime. I ended up hitting the back of a Mini One at about 90mph. Rolled the Mini, and my little beast then looked like this :dead:
y1pQ4npGLHC1DezruMlzBoFN4NCErKfnaMiA5fXUlKXmZdUWNHhzVFc77vx5VDdS1elNI52jsxA5lmp_7WVPGtBGA

The day after the accident the new number plates turned up in the post and a couple more days later the itg induction kit. That hurt. Needless to say the car was a write off. Insurance paid out which was a bonus, but for my sins i was banned until april 2008 with dangerous driving conviction. Now a few months into my ban im counting down the days and saving for another, regardless of insurance costs.

In the meantime my girlfriend is changing her car so if anyone has got a mint phase 2, preferably in monaco or black, for 5k or less let me know.

EP3 Civic Type R
Pretty close to the limiter.

So you were doing 90, paying attention to the shift light on the dash and hit a Mini going 60mph slower. Suprised you didn't kill anyone. Sorry, but you deserve to be banned for driving like such a fool.

Ad

MK2 FRS
shame mate... looks like a fair old shunt.

But we all do things in life we do differently if we had the chance. So people shouldnt judge.

EP3 Civic Type R
Sorry, but you deserve to be banned for driving like such a fool.

here we go. here we f**king go again. No of couse we drive cliosports sensibly.

f**k YOU !

-unless this is residential area kinda hting then in which case your right.

F*ck me? Pardon? Who the hell are you? That's a very mature response. I don't know about you, but me being an OWNER of a 172 Sport, I can say that driving at 90mph, with other cars around whilst watching the shift light indicator isn't sensible.

Wind your neck in- oh and get the tourettes sorted, as it seems to be a problem you have. From what I've seen of all your posts they are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. The above confirmed that to me. Thanks.

RenaultSport clio 17
No no, not in a residential area. A B road in cornwall. Was overtaking and mini 3 cars ahead was turning right. Thanks for the love Mish_16V, a real welcome from a member. I didnt realise cliosport was a breading ground for arguments, more to share passion for things in common.

Cup'd Monaco 172
I think posting pics of a car you crashed, because you are at fault (Speed and overtaking past a junction) then you should take the abuse.

If I crashed my car like that, I wouldn't post it up. I'd be too ashamed.

RenaultSport clio 17
Dont worry, i can take the abuse... I take all responsibilities for my actions. Ive had a few months of piss taking etc. Call this hazard awareness if you will. What can happen when things go wrong. I was a car salesman at the time, hence after the conviction lost my job, that combined with the £900 fine. Cant really do test drives from the passenger seat. Believe me it is a mistake i will learn from. No one was hurt, thank god, life does go on. Unfortunately my clio does not...

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
Lives and learns , i bet no one else on here has ever broke the speed limit lol, its like the cliosport police !
Unlucky dude .

Renault Clio S
Think that's beyond the capabilities of Mcguires Scratch-X to be honest.

How old are you? I would imagine this will send your future insurence through the roof?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Noone in this thread said how fast the user was going. So dont judge.

Please people, keep the posts clean, otherwise i will take this futher.

I dont like arguements on CS over petty things, he crashed a car, wow, many people crash and thats that. He posted up a thread in good will. Now drop the bitching.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Dont worry, i can take the abuse... I take all responsibilities for my actions. Ive had a few months of piss taking etc. Call this hazard awareness if you will. What can happen when things go wrong. I was a car salesman at the time, hence after the conviction lost my job, that combined with the £900 fine. Cant really do test drives from the passenger seat. Believe me it is a mistake i will learn from. No one was hurt, thank god, life does go on. Unfortunately my clio does not...

Fair play to you - not a lot of people admit when they've done wrong. I just hope the insurers go a little easy on you or else you'll be aspiring to a 1.0litre Micra in about 15 years time. ;)

D.

EP3 Civic Type R
Noone in this thread said how fast the user was going. So dont judge.
QUOTE]

He himself did.... 90mph, into a Mini travelling at an estimated 30mph? I don't usually judge, the accident doesn't make you a bad person, BUT I still stand by my first statement that it wasn't sensible driving. However you've learn't by your mistakes and that's cool by me and it also takes a bigger person to admit when they are wrong. I never said anyone was perfect it was Michael172 and his amazingly mature response that made me laugh loudest.

Anyways, hope the ban doesn't drag on too long and be a little bit more careful in future and watch the bloody road man!!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Diff to judge tbh, i have been on 60mph roads and been taken suprise by someone not knowing where they're going or a geriatric driving slow (sometimes its impossible to forsee this). Its also v easy to say you "idiot" etc but just like most things in life its not what it looks like or as bad as it seems. Its v probable that even by driving the limit he may still have crashed. I must mention i am not condoning driving at 90mph on a a/b road, but im sure most of us have done that (or faster - i know i have)

Ohh and chin up mate, most ppl whinge about the punishment or say how unfair or blame it on someone else at least you havent done that shame some ppl just love to voice their opinions with little tact.

Regards, Jamie