ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.i.p Rt

last night i said good by to my little clio. coming home from bluewater last night driving down the A2 towards welling a 'women' driver in a 'corsa' some how lost control of her car, spinned 3 times and hit the centre reservation now facing oncomign traffic. im obviously oblivious to whats up ahead as i cant see over cars! then suddenly the car infront of me started braking and swerved into the middle lane. by that time ive come face to face with this corsa and hit it head on at 70mph. air bag hitting my nose and seat belts nearly cutting me in half! Moments after i was in so much shock i couldn't physically move for about 5 minutes. Starting to snap out of it i started to try and open my door but it was ljammed, i tried the passenger door but no joy. i started shouting to people on the motorway but my voice had gone. i reapetedly punch the window screen to attract atention which brought a guy over to the car, he managed to pull the door open and pulled me out. i could really fell the seatbelt in my chest and stomach. Then The ambulance came, police bla-bla-bla. i got checked over but apperently i was fine! When i got home i looked at my chest and it looked like i was wearing a sash! i woke up this morning felling worse the brusing had appeard nearly everywhere black and blue. i took a trip down to the hospital to get some x rays and it all came back ok jsut some internal and external bruising on my face, nose, knee, chest, neck and stomach. and the odd cut here and there. The dotor said im lucky to be alive. :dapprove:

Here's Some Pics . . .

DSC00143.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
You'll ache like hell for a few days, but as long as there's no serious damage you'll be fine.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
christ all mighty! thank god your not seriousl injured mate. really feel for you.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
gutting news.

the pain is horrific.

hope all goes ok with insurance and any counter claims thereafter

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
glad to here u ok, that kinda speed u cud have been fuked. any chance of a insurance health claim? big money there

RS Megane DCi 175
Wow, looks nasty - glad you're ok.
Looks like the clio took it quite well all things considered. You could've come off a lot worse looking at them pics.

GR7

Shiny red R32
Glad to see that you escaped relatively unscathed compared to what could have happened!
Get Well Soon!:)

Megane R26
So glad your alive dude! Could have been nasty! Where abouts on the A2?

Hopefully that raspy voice should clear up :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
Omg thats harsh man!!!! was a nice looking motor when I see it down in bluewater heres a pic for peeps... whats gonna happen with the ol' insurance then??

EP3 Civic Type R
Such a shame matey...

but car's can be replaced, you can't so the outcome could of been alot worse!

Just less of the woman driver slating please... :p

OK basicaly guys the accident was all her fault and yes she still was in the car when i hit her but i fink she broke her nose not too sure. it happend just before the turn off at willmington. i phoned the insurance the next day and explained everything but my excess is going up because of the accident! which i think is w*ank. gonna see what they come back with and if thats w*nk im gonna phone claims direct. ive bein saying for a little while now that i want a lupo sport in silver, slammed to the floor on coilovers with black wheels with a silver lip. but dont worry im not forgeting about you guys! ill still be cuming to meets! its all up in the air at the moment, all depends how much i get. how do people think i should go about my insurance? or should i just waiting for the verdict!? :coffee:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Fook mate! Sorry to hear about that, glad you're okay! Could of been a lot worse! Serious £££ to be had here...

Tyson.

s**t dude, lucky escape there!

I'm actually amazed it stood up so well at that speed - I was under the impression the mk1's were made of crisp packets but they must have some strength to them it seems!

Can't believe your excess is going up - it might be a temporary thing until they sort out the claim so ring them to check. I would strongly insist ;) that you don't lose any ncb when it's blatantly her fault...

Racing Blue 182
they cant change your xs mid term in your policy, unless you havnt disclosed your alloys or something?

Sorry to hear about the car

This happened to me in my first car, was gutted at the time but have come out bette off now

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
A bloke in work got hit head on the other day by a van in ice, it was the van driver's fault. He called some one called help hire it cost £10 they gave him a hire car free an then will claim it all back off there insurance an they r claiming for clothes an stuff in the car an also for whip lash an his cuts. All for £10

Dude sorry to hear this, one comment though, just be careful with the insurance side of things, it "could" be claimed that you were driving to close, should have anticepated smoething happening or weren't paying attention etc etc, hopefully it won't but insurers are b******s if they can get out of things.

A number of clios
I no how u feel mate when i smashed my vtr up i had the same injuries i had a purple n blue seat belt mark n my neck ached for bout 3 weeks the people at the seen said me and my mate were both lucky to be alive too
so i no how you feel n i no you'll miss your car cos i did and still do.

ull be back on your feet in no time.