ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R.I.P.S R34 GT-R...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've been following this build since the start, and the guy (a well known sportsman) just got the car back on Monday.

Basically, he imported a used GT-R from Japan, then crated it off to New Zealand for "some fettling"

The attention to detail is boggling. Truly. :cool:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/69822-my-r-i-p-s-rb30-build-34.html

That's the page which he gets it back. The whole build is there though.

He's yet to drive it though! Sensible, given the weather and 600bhp at the wheels.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i know of someone with a ripz rb30 lump in a skyline, shifts is an understatement lol.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
ST3LTH FTW :cool:

Awesome build, but if I was given the choice on looks between that and a stock R34 in that pretty blue colour, I'd take the latter. Respect to the guy, though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ST3LTH FTW :cool:

Awesome build, but if I was given the choice on looks between that and a stock R34 in that pretty blue colour, I'd take the latter. Respect to the guy, though.

+1 a man with taste stock blue for me....
sorry about the size
skyfront.gif

Turbos.
Wow, blue one looks ace! Much better to be fair...

I'd be relieved just get the black one back from NZ safely! Can't believe he won't drive it in the wet though...lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bayside Blue... and yeah, it's nicer-looking than the RIPS car. Especially that one above with Nismo bits.

Although it does look evil as fcuk!

There was a RIPS crate RB30 engine on eBay a while back, too... god knows how much the auction ended at!

Torque is the killer with the RB30... fcuking stump pullers!

Suzuki Swift Sport
Just spent an hour reading through all that! very interesting - brave man! interested to see how he finds driving it! sounds lethally quick!

That thread has more win inside than any other I've seen. Just got to the page with the youtube videos. Damn those boys know how to glue metal together too!

Agreed, I'm not a huge fan of the external looks either, but as a machine, it's amazing :D

0-130mph in 10 seconds too.