ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R/R centre in Midlands/Shropshire area...

Anyone know of one that would be local to me?

I'm from Bridgnorth, Shropshire.

Looking to get mine done as the one GDI use had broke.

Thanks,

Chris

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Hillpower have got one,theres a place called I TEC in the midlands my mate does a lot of engine conversions and always goes there to set them up

Do severn valley that used to be in Ironbridge have one? I think they may be in Telford somewhere now!

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
there is hitech in the midlands - 2wd rolling road along with aldon automotive who also have a 2wd - can highly recommend aldon although they aint cheap.

pj motorsport have a chassis dynometer which is more accurate than a conventional rolling road

no numbers for them but put them into google or yell.com and they'll be in there.

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Would also recommend Hi-Tech in Cradley Heath, I've used them for quite a few cars I've owned.

ph2 172
ChrisK 172 said:
Do severn valley that used to be in Ironbridge have one? I think they may be in Telford somewhere now!

Yeh mate I believe they do, they are in Madeley now.

Where about in Bridgnorth you from mate? I used to live in Cartway.

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Heard a few people say that about Hi-Tech. I have used them to gain a base figure and then as the mods on the car increase going back to the same rollers means I have been able to compare the increase in bhp and torque over a comparable base as its all been done at the same place.

How accurate are rollers anyway!?!

I live near Oldbury Wells School.

I've booked it in at Aldon a couple of days ago.

Getting it done 2moro. It's £41

Been to Aldon and it turned out it was a lot lot lower than I expected.

Their computers and setup looks like it's out of the 70's.

I don't know how accurate they are. The guy who did it said there was a Clio organised rolling road day there and EVERYONE was dissapointed on their rollers but he tested a type R on there and it was making 200bhp!

Lionel Richie
the company that does our mapping with their brand new rolling road is based in the midlands, ring me for details 07769712624

ChrisK 172 said:
Been to Aldon and it turned out it was a lot lot lower than I expected.

Their computers and setup looks like it's out of the 70's.

I don't know how accurate they are. The guy who did it said there was a Clio organised rolling road day there and EVERYONE was dissapointed on their rollers but he tested a type R on there and it was making 200bhp!

What power and torque did you get?

The hillpower results seemed about right maybe you should have tried there. You would of at least had some figures to compare against.

dnatuning.com
Any rolling road regardless of whether it is new or old is only as accurate as it's last calibration, Maha are widely renowned as the best rolling roads, always good to note the cooling setup used by the facility and worth noting how they check/implement any ambient temperature and barometric pressure corrections.
Oh and a rolling road is sometimes referred to as a chassis dynometer ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Must be bad if he has'nt posted it.
I got my old fiesta rs done at aldon.Dastek re-map,full magnex including cat pipe and air filter.Got 148 bhp from a standard 130bhp.They charged me £380 all in( i bought the exhaust and air filter)and it was there for nearly 4.5 hrs to get it right.They spoke to me the whole time and always asked my opinions on what i wanted.
Could'nt fult them really...

ian