ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r sport ecu and ind kit

just purchased the r sport ecu but now i want to fit an ind kit, but it seems that you have to get the ecu reprogramed to set up the fueling if you want to fit an ind kit, and as the r sport ecu is already set up to the best it can be getting it reprogramed would be defeating the purpse and might not leave as good as it is now and when i asked r sport about this they said its not reprogramable anyway, as the original ecu is, can anybody give more input on this??

Cheers

stevie b - Funnily enough, R Sport sell them! Use the search function. There has been quite a lot written about them.

Rhys

I am fitting a group "N" ecu on a 172 today which has already got an ind kit fitted I will be checking the fueling levels before and after to see what chang es there are to the fueling level with the new ECU.

I can supply and fit the group "N" ECU to cliosport members at £225.00 plus vat.

So is the Group N ECU an offical Renault Sport part?

Anyone know which gives more power - the R-Sport ECU or the Group N?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote:

I am fitting a group "N" ecu on a 172 today which has already got an ind kit fitted I will be checking the fueling levels before and after to see what chang es there are to the fueling level with the new ECU.
Would be very interested to hear the results...

Quote:

I can supply and fit the group "N" ECU to cliosport members at £225.00 plus vat.
Where is Hill Power based then Nick???

How much just to supply?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Nick Are you about half way between Blackburn and Birmingham? if so im a happy chappy!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 19 September 2003

Nick Are you about half way between Blackburn and Birmingham? if so im a happy chappy!
Where you from then DazOrz???

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Daz0rz on 19 September 2003

Blackburn! Smaaaaaaashing! (Not)
Not far from me then, and Chris (aka chris n nic) is from there too...

Results Checked the fueling with the standard ECU fueling for best power was only just a little low!!! not enough to cause any problem. Checked into the induction kit fitted to find WOW!!! a filter the size of our 1.2 16v kit (not too clean either). Cleaned the filter and fitted on of our Silicone induction hose kits and ther new group "N" ECU. Re-checked the fueling and all was fine if just a tad high. The car had an imediate imprvement with throttle response and quicker acceleration. I doubt the max power has increased by a great amount but overall the car is definately quicker.

Note the car also had a Magnex exhaust fitted.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BikeMan on 21 September 2003

So the group N ECU with an induction kit fuels slightly rich, yes?

Sounds good to me :D
Winner!

:D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Nick -

How much is the silicone induction hose to buy?

Wanna change the crap black plastic one on my Cup for a nice blue one...

yes is this the result with the r sport ecu and an induction kit, slightly rich?

is it a sealed ind kit ?, as i would like the BMC CDA kit to work well with my r sport ecu?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

BAZ172 -

Yes, its slightly rich with an open induction kit & R-Sport ECU, so with a sealed induction kit it shoiuld be spot on!

Ive got a Viper and will be getting an R-Sport, so these results have given me confidence that it will all be ok.