ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 and parallel parking.

Me + new car + recaros (obscuring rear view) = s**t at parallel parking.

Which isn't ideal when your bird lives in two up two down land in Southsea, where parking is a nightmare.

Elise 111R
LOL was it you i drove next to coming down past fratton park last night just after the fireworks?

If it was very nice, looked and sounded very nice indeed was actually surprised to see a 197 F1 not many around this area?

LOL was it you i drove next to coming down past fratton park last night just after the fireworks?

If it was very nice, looked and sounded very nice indeed was actually surprised to see a 197 F1 not many around this area?

If you were in the 182 with the private plate at the junction of Valder Av, Milton Road - then yep that was me.

PARKING SENSORS!!!! That's it!!! I wonder how much!!!??!?!!?!?!? Would want them colour coded naturally! ;)

Elise 111R
Good stuff :D

Sorry if you thought i was sticking with you a bit much on the eastern road. I got a bit like a kid and was like ahhhh shiny red clio

Not at all mate, I've seen your car around. You're at the Uni right? I used to own the Racing Blue 182 Cup, parked in the Uni car park at Ravelin Park.

I just don't think I could DO parking sensors.... heh heh

What i find funny is that the owner of the LY R27, with the parking sensors fitted, still managed to scuff up the rear bumper!

See below:

1largexf21.jpg

Last edited:
  Elise 111R
Not at all mate, I've seen your car around. You're at the Uni right? I used to own the Racing Blue 182 Cup, parked in the Uni car park at Ravelin Park.

I just don't think I could DO parking sensors.... heh heh

ah quality! Yer i was at portsmouth business school, finished now not gone far thou work for VT in the shipyards as a project manager. So dont see many nice cars now other than a few really nice cars.

how are you finding the change, other than the awkward parallel parking? :)

If you can't park a clio sized car you really need to re take your driving test. Any of you lot related to Tyrone off of Snatch?

There's always one...

So a clio is not clio sized? Contraditcion in terms surely? It may not be the same as an old clio but IT IS clio sized by definition. Either way it's hardly a large car, try driving a VW transporter, sprinter van, or transit for a few weeks (one with loadspace bulkhead/no rear windows) and then tell me a clio is difficult to park.

Clio 182 + Recaros
I found the recaros I bit of a pain with parking and pulling out onto the motorway from a slip road.

There's always one...

So a clio is not clio sized? Contraditcion in terms surely? It may not be the same as an old clio but IT IS clio sized by definition. Either way it's hardly a large car, try driving a VW transporter, sprinter van, or transit for a few weeks (one with loadspace bulkhead/no rear windows) and then tell me a clio is difficult to park.

gimmie the keys i have a go :D