ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race car owners Powersteering on not ?

172 Race VW Caddy
As I'm aware the cup racer 2 doesn't have p/s but I'm not sure if I should keep mine or take it out!

i don't have time to do electric conversion so either I keep my p/s or take it out to save a bit of weight and rotating mass

Keep it

After removing my hydraulic PAS and trying to use the car with nothing - then fitting the ePAS.. there's no way I would settle for no PAS at all
I think you'd really be struggling at some uk circuits - it's silly heavy

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Hydraulic power steering doesn't bother me to much as at least it has feel. I dislike electric systems with a passion though.

172 Race VW Caddy
That's solved that then :)
i can image it being crappy on sprints as a lot of those are tight

only asking as my 106 rallye never had p/s and that was ace

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mk1 Clio (circa 920 kgs with me and fuel in it) is very easy to drive with no pas. Can turn the wheel with one hand while 3 point turning etc.

​If I was racing properly though, i'd go for the electric PAS. Largely because the hydraulic hoses have a habit of spewing oil everywhere and they're a t**t to change.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Recently removed the PAS the Trophy but not used it yet to give any real feedback.