ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race exhaust manifold - primary lengths

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
What the difference in primary and secondary length on say a 182 manifold vs a Pure motorsport one? Is it this or the better collector that make the performance difference ..?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Its the longer primaries mate. The Clio 197 R3 maxi and maxi evo manifolds have huge primaries in terms of length.
The collector will have some effect on performance but nowhere near as much as the lengths.

I can measure my pms one if you like?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
That would be great. Im running a F7R in the rally car with a hybrid super sprint manifold but want to get some thing decent made. Was thinking of asking Pure if they would make one with F7R flange as the bolt holes and the angle of the head are different.

Renault Clio 172
Its the longer primaries mate. The Clio 197 R3 maxi and maxi evo manifolds have huge primaries in terms of length.
The collector will have some effect on performance but nowhere near as much as the lengths.

I can measure my pms one if you like?
Hi, did you measure these? I'd be interested in knowing.

Renault Clio 172
No problem, if you could let me know when you have. I've a local guy who's making some for me.