ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race seat advice

2003 Cup 172
I'm looking into getting a pair of half-way decent race seats for my 172 cup that i'm going to be using as a track car, but i'm a little clueless about seats and harnesses etc.

Firstly i'll be looking at getting a roll cage at some point, but not just yet, so harnesses will have to wait a little bit and i'll use the standard seat belts in the meantime. Budget is probably £300 - £400 per seat (obviously the cheaper the better, but I don't want just the cheapest old seat).

Few noob questions:

Are there any seats that people know of that I should definitely steer clear of?

Obviously the seats vary in width, but how much do they vary in comfort? Are they mostly pretty much the same-ish, or are some just horrible to sit in?

I want to be able to use existing holes in the car as i'm not keen on drilling etc., is there any reason why I would need to drill holes? (probably for the harnesses i'm guessing, but planning ahead I don't want to get a seat that would force me to have to drill when I eventually want to fit the harnesses.

Are all seats compatible with the sliding brackets from the same manufacturer, or are some seats only designed to be fixed?

Cheers

Steve