ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race with BMW 540

Im not one to bang on about what cars ive wasted but this one is rather interesting. Coming off a roundabout onto a dual carraige way this guy in a 540 decided to boot it. I responded by booting it also as i didnt know how quick they are. Anyway, i was stuck to his bumber all the way to 100mph when we ran out of road and had to break. When i got home i looked up in what car the stats for a 540, 0-60 in 6.3 seconds!!! so im well chuffed that my wee Cup could keep up with him. I imagine he must have been a tad gutted

Yeah, theyre pretty quick alright!

Probably my most proud scalp ever was a 530i on the way back from Donny 2002 (Smoothed Clio was my passenger - hell confirm this!). Anyway, on some random motorway junction in the Midlands, this BMW comes steaming on to the motorway - and I mean really steaming it. He came from the inside lane, cut me up and squeezed into the safe space between me and a Vectra in front. I hate tailgaters, but wasnt in the mood, so just opened up a safe distance again and thought nothing of it.

Ahead of me a little later, the 530i was properly tailgating the poor Vectra, who had no way of pulling over. This riled me a bit, so I waited right until the Vectra was going to move aside and dropped it to 3rd. So, I came up very fast behind the now accelerating 530i and stuck like glue to him. I fully expected him to pull away from me - but oh no I was staying there! The 530 eventually pulled aside and I blasted past at 7000rpm in 4th (a sweet spot in my car) and pulled a good distance over it. I wasnt impressed with myself for tailgating, but considering the circumstances I thought it was fair game and the BM driver might think twice about it next time.