ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue 182 Restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
That one is definitely still alive, owned by a collector near me but he's turned it into a track car. It was minty fresh too! 😪

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Cleaned the filth off the arch liners & undertray while there off-

D4763EE4-878F-45AC-B941-2E0E95414595.jpeg

I had treated a corner of the bonnet to Collinte which was a detailers dream years ago
After the thunderstorm yesterday that corner beaded up perfect so I have treated the front end to it today.

The lights rubbish so maybe a pic or 2 later

Finished the headlights off with another pass so they are perfect 👌

E4F6B6B6-CC97-47F6-B190-276BFAD9130E.jpeg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Well another 5 hours down - getting close on 20 - 25 now.

Started restoring the interior.

Some good news & bad news - apart from the usual build of of 15 years of crap the interior has aged fantastic > except the drivers seat.
Its off for repair today lets see what it looks like at the end.

BFC36330-F0A1-49E2-BFCF-DBF2AD1CC515.jpeg

84D319EC-81FA-42F1-8C8C-E24350BB8AC9.jpeg

All original rear end ^^^
7E0D830F-EE25-459D-80F2-ADE703EE9C68.jpeg

C42CD5BA-39C1-47A5-AD39-D595075C092B.jpeg

E7C04B0D-46EE-447F-B5F2-B1E10853F54D.jpeg

Now the worst bit 😞😞

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
What are the plastics like? All gone sticky?

Climate panel was shagged so replaced it- Its all perfect bar the seat- Steering wheel no melting.

Cars dropped off now at trimmer will have a brand new bolster plus will run a new seam on the top to rejoin it.

I could have bought a used seat but TBH finding a mint 182 seat is easier said than done !

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Deprecition free motoring the way to go. I have been getting to tempted by newer cars recently or selling to soon, most of the stuff I buy if I kept in long term it usually returns back to what I paid for it.

You still trading? Or is it just tricky times or poor availability of stock recently.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
No mate He flicked a layer of paint over the lower bolster as well

Im well happy with it.

125B3B5C-BC33-44C3-A3B5-EBB5E73C8261.jpeg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I've just bought a set of these and spent far too much time changing the colour of the stitching with a red sharpie!

Lol - you can buy red. I wanted to do that to make them blue but the trouble & strife informed me they would end up green.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Lol - you can buy red. I wanted to do that to make them blue but the trouble & strife informed me they would end up green.
😂😂 Where can you get red?! The only red ones I've seen are for the MK3 Megane..?

Status
Not open for further replies.