ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue ph1 ITB : 2010 track season updates

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Re: PH1 172 Track Car, abit special *ITB update*

Passed MOT......eventually
Fitting new driver seat this week.

Track day at Croft on the 25th May (bank holiday monday)

Will be giving free passenger rides to whoever wants them so just call by and say hello if you are there :)

carl

Golf R/Leon FR

Passed MOT......eventually
Fitting new driver seat this week.

Track day at Croft on the 25th May (bank holiday monday)

Will be giving free passenger rides to whoever wants them so just call by and say hello if you are there :)

carl

i may pop along and have a ride carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

im not going to comment on the MOT :)

the map on the car was fine.

it finally passed and thats all that matters

Clio 220 lpg

im not going to comment on the MOT :)

the map on the car was fine.

it finally passed and thats all that matters
Did you get to the bottom of the map settings or have you just left it Barron?

Clio Sport 16v

what a loverly car mate, props to you for all the hard work. Can i ask what splitter you have on it?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

what a loverly car mate, props to you for all the hard work. Can i ask what splitter you have on it?

Its a standard 172 cup splitter it was stolen from my black 182 one day :( but i have a carbon one so meh.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Fitted a Cobra Evolution seat, had to adapt it to work with the runners as me and bazzon drive in different positions. Sits abit too high for my liking so may need to bolt it to the floor and either me and bazzon suffer with driving position. Also have a 3 inch 5 piece harness to fit but waiting for eye bolts so currently have my 3 point sabelt harness fitted.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

carl

340i

Looks smart...

How did the "seat adaptation" work out?! ;)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Looks smart...

How did the "seat adaptation" work out?! ;)

well the new seat fits on the old runners, so well :D
such a b*****d to get in and out of lol!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

decided i wasnt happy with seat height so me and bazzon compromised on a fixed seating position. got my fabricator to cut the renault horizontal frames out and refit them further back and level. This means my sideframes just sit ontop of the frames. Meaning a low seat :)

DSC06621.jpg

DSC06627.jpg

DSC06623.jpg

DSC06625.jpg

floor will ofc be getting repainted :)

340i

You make it look so easy ;) haha

Did you drill new holes in the horizontal frames, or do they bolt in existing ones?!

106 GTI

who has lost out now or did you meet half way between 2 seating positions?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

who has lost out now or did you meet half way between 2 seating positions?

further back than i would normally drive and further forward than bazzon would normally drive

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Why we never do things the easy way i will never know.

BMW M5 & E36

Cage is only a bolt in yes? So you're harnesses are wrapped around a bolt in cage, at a stupidly steep angle? Great!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Cage is only a bolt in yes? So you're harnesses are wrapped around a bolt in cage, at a stupidly steep angle? Great!

thats what i thought too, the guy who has done it for me races grass track cars and he seemed to think it would be fine :)

carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Geesus....just a bit off topic, Whiteley says do the cup racer wheels fit onto the mk1 valver boss straight fit? lol

you too ;)

anyway, i understand they have to be as horizontal as possible but where else can they really be attached apart from cage or the floor next to the fuel tank? (meaning more angle)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

my harnesses are attached to a bolt in rear brace

i showed the pic to mark fish and he said the brace was a standard fit from renaultsport and all the race teams used to use it, cant be much difference to what you have there barron

although mine arent at that much of an angle, that i would be a bit concerned with!

BMW M5 & E36

Yep it was more the angle i'd be concerned about. Im sure the diagram that Edde posted about 7 billion times is still floating about. And I don't have the wheel sat in front of me yet, smart arse! ;)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

the angle is no more than this one

IMG_2022.jpg

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

yeh but they are at too much of an angle still according to the diagram whitely is talking about

you just run the risk of being 2 inches shorter (or paralysed) if you have a big off :S

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

the only way to get a perfect fit harness is to have a full cage with a horizontal harness bar. I dont have that so no other choice. The way mine is, is no more dangerous than those two posted above though?

carl

BMW M5 & E36

Doesnt make it any more correct. And being a track car, the chances of you crashing are a fair amount greater. Just thinking of your safety, not going to affect me!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Doesnt make it any more correct. And being a track car, the chances of you crashing are a fair amount greater. Just thinking of your safety, not going to affect me!

na i understand that mate, just what else can i do in the situation apart from fitting a full cage?