ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rad Fan valver

My rad fan dont seem to be working when i plug it in to the rad , but it works fine when i unplug it from the rad and push a piece of wire in to both ends of the fan plug and connct them together ! So for the time been ive got my fan on a switch so i can turn it on when i want to..

Sooo does anyone know why my fan is not kicking in when it should be ?? ive checked all the fuses in my glovebox and under the bonnet ,they all seem fine.Is there anythnig else i can check ??

Thanks

Rich

if u unpluged the sensor in the radiator and put the wire across that nd it comes on sounds like its a faulty radiator coolant sensor (about £10)

well ll y do is unplug ya wire again unscrew the curtrent one which mite be little tight nd screw new one in mite need ptfe or similar sealing? oh yeah u mite lose a little water while doin this so possible to flush your coolant before hand and fill up once sensors changed. can get them from halfords i would think or some local car parts store think europarts do em but add vat and postage http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerce/Search_Results.asphttp://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerce/Search_Results.asp dunno if link will work?

oh and if the above link if it does work will be a phase 1 fan switch so ya mite need a phase 2 if they any different? never looked so wouldnt know

hmm i got a new low temp sensor from bb a while ago and that didnt fix my problem , sorry didnt realise it was the same thing as what u said

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

is the radiator getting hot?(if not check your thermostat,check the rads not blocked in anyway,check there is a good flow of coolant-water pump failures are not uncommen).If all ok then bridge your fan switch connector terminals with a bit of wire,does the fan work?(if yes then its a faulty fan switch).note-your fan relay is in the relay box on the n/s/f inner wing

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

is your coolant clean? eg,dirt deposits building up on the sensor and creating a sort of heat sheild affect(older renaults suffer from coolant problems).is the radiator getting as hot as the the rest of your coolant hoses?

The coolant is clean yea,im not sure on how hot the rad is gettin,ill have to check it later when ive driven it for a bit.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

If the radiators not getting as hot as the engine then the fan switch wont get hot and the fan will never come in.

and what causes that ? A blocked up thermostat ?

Ive changed the coolant quite regular on my car so shudnt really be blocked.

But i dont think the thermostat has ever been changed!

Ive got a new low temp thermo to fit 2moro so ill see if that fixes it ...:confused:

the radiator does not get as hot as the rest of the engine like the hoses ect..well the sides of the rad were pretty hot but the middle part of the rad was only warm.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

either there is an air lock in it or it is partially blocked.has your engine temp been higher since you noticed the fault?

well my temp gauge doesnt go above half way ! And never gets to the critical temp... But im gonna chnage my thermostat today see if that sorts it.

Cheers for your help JAY!

Rich